Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration of Contract: One year fixed-term contract, with potential to extend subject to extend
Probationary Period: N/A
- 20 working days annual leave entitlement plus national public holidays observed by the Indonesia country office
- Relocation flight on commencement of employment
- Repatriation flight on termination of employment
Location: The position is based in Banda Aceh, with travel to monitor projects in the field and elsewhere as required
Hours of Work: This is a full-time position, working Monday to Friday from 09.00 am up to 06.00 pm with a one-hour lunch break. The timing of working hours can be modified with the agreement of the Line Manager.
Accountant, FFI Aceh PRogramme
Objective: To assist the Operational Support Manager (OSM) in Jakarta to ensure that financial management of the FFI Aceh Programme fully meet operational, donor, Government of Indonesia and FFI requirements and are delivered to best practice standards.
Job Title: Accountant, FFI Aceh Programme
Reporting to: Operations Support Manager- Indonesia Programme Jakarta
Key Internal Relationships: Manager, Aceh Programme Accountant, Indonesia Country Programme HR and Admin Coordinator, Aceh Programme
Line Manager of: Bookkeeper, Aceh Programme Programme
Main Duties: Under the supervision of the OSM and working closely with the Aceh Program Manager, the Accountant will:
- Assist the OSM to ensure that financial management and accounting procedures meet best practice accounting standards and allow generation of financial statements for all projects being implemented within the Aceh programme as required by FFI and donors.
- Ensure absolute integrity, high quality and efficiency in executing financial transactions.
- Assist in addressing financial management issues as they arise.
- Maintain detailed records for all financial transactions in an organized and professional manner.
- Perform daily functions including recording all cash, check and bank transfer transactions, maintain cash and bank ledgers, monitor cash advances and field expense reports, reconcile cash on hand and monthly bank reconcile.
- Provide required monthly financial reports by specified deadlines to OSM and his/her designee and to Program Manager.
- Administer all cash advances to employees and partners, reconciling all receipts and remaining cash at month’s end.
- Assist the OSM in managing the cash flow.
- Bachelor’s degree (S1) from four-year college or university with a minimum of three years accounting experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- English language skills preferred
- Strong relational skills and financial management experience preferred
- Experience with International NGO and grants management preferred
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different educational, linguistic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
- Knowledge in Indonesian Taxes Regulation, especially PPh pasal 21
- Commitment and understanding of FFI Vision and Mission
- Above average communication skills-both verbal and written
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office particular in Excel, and familiar with Quick Book
- Works well in adverse team and a pressured environment
- Mature, considerate and able to influence others, level-headed in stressful environment
- Understanding of European Union regulations (SOP) is desirable
Applications, consisting of covering letter explaining why you feel you should be considered for this post, a full CV and contact details for three referees should be submitted electronically to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Friday 7th February 2011.
APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
FFI encourages applications from individuals with a disability who are able to carry out the duties of the post.