Director of Administration and Finance, Papua/Papua Barat Local Governance Project, Indonesia
Company Profile: MSI is a Washington, D.C.-based international development firm providing specialized short- and long-term technical assistance. Since its 1981 founding, MSI has grown in size and technical scope, now implementing and managing more than 70 projects worldwide. More than 30 are long-term, many in conflict-prone or fragile states that include Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and South Sudan. Today, our range of technical expertise includes analytical and field projects in democracy and governance, economic growth, strategic planning, organizational capacity building, health and the justice sector. MSI focuses on helping our local partners foster progress, manage change and improve the effectiveness of development assistance. We expanded our global footprint in 2008 by becoming part of Coffey, a leading geoscience, international development and project management firm, and a publicly traded company on the Australian Stock Exchange. Alongside the international development arm of Coffey, MSI has corporate offices in 17 countries. Together, MSI and Coffey employ more than 1,400 professionals worldwide. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Proposal Summary: The upcoming USAID-funded local governance project in Papua and Papua Barat, Indonesia will focus on strengthening the capacity of local governments and improving access to and the quality of services to citizens. It will also support leadership development among community leaders and provide grants for citizen participation and community development through community groups and local NGOs. The grants program will also support citizen participation, livelihood programs, women and youth, and local development.
Position Summary: This full-time, multi-year position will be based in Papua with required travel throughout Papua and Papua Barat. The DAF will report to the Chief of Party and be responsible for financial planning and management, logistical and administrative support to a diverse project team, personnel, and ensuring that administrative, financial, contact, procurement, and grants activities are carried out in a manner consistent with the objectives of the project and in compliance with USAID regulations and MSI policies and procedures. The position will be based in Papua.
- Management and oversight of project finance and administration.
- Ensure appropriate design, scopes of work, terms, monitoring, implementation, and reporting of the work of grantees, sub-contractors, and short tern consultants.
- Manage project start up, hiring, and personnel.
- Manage project start-up and support initial work planning.
- Establish procedures for financial operations, banking, and reporting.
- Oversee and review monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports.
- Establish and oversee procedures for procurement, sub-contracts, and grants to assure transparent project activities, open competition, and good business practices.
- Provide training, mentoring, and oversight of national staff to improve their professional capacities.
- Serve as acting Chief of Party when necessary and in that role represent the project before USAID and project stakeholders.
- Advanced degree in international development, public administration, business, finance, or another relevant field preferred.
- At least five years of management and similar experience in other donor-funded activities; previous work experience with USAID projects preferred.
- Proven ability to manage and engage a diverse staff in multiple locations and foster teamwork and cooperation.
- Experience overseeing grants and finances on similar USAID-funded field projects.
- Previous experience in Papua and Papua Barat preferred.
- Must be fluent in English with strong writing skills.
Application should include a cover letter, CV (including three references) and contact number by 11 October 2013, at the latest. Please put the position you apply for as the subject of your email.
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. or To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com.