Scope of Work
Chemonics International was founded in 1975 and is one of the largest U.S. consulting firms providing expertise in developing and emerging-market countries for initiatives financed by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
II. Position Name
III. General Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant will at all times adhere to and act according to the Chemonics Professional Code of Ethics (“Living Our Values”) and will make the principles of the Code a part of the project’s culture and standard operating procedures.
Under the Office Manager’s direction the Administrative also should be ready to undertake other project duties as required by the COP and DCOP, if needed.
IV. Specific Duties:
- Coordinate all logistical aspects of project administration including arranging travel, processing travel clearances, and fielding consultants
- Fulfill office management duties including, answering phones, photocopying, faxing, ordering supplies/workshop materials, etc
- Maintain and stock office supplies and process supply orders from Office Manager
- Label and maintain all administrative files including travel clearances/itineraries, visa requests, consultant transport and lodging information, and all other non-accounting related documentation
- Provide administrative support to the Operations Manager, Chief of Party and other task leaders
- Prepare reports of meetings attended by project staff
- Assist Office Manager in hosting project visitors and arranging meeting details
- Answer inquires and supply available project information from other Chemonics projects, USAID staff and other development projects as necessary
- Assist Operations Manager in sending monthly expenditure reports and back-up documentation to Chemonics home office
- Fulfill other administrative functions as required
- Minimum Diploma
- Minimum 3 years administrative management experience, preferably with donor-funded international projects
- Successful experience working in a diverse, fact-paced environment
- Excellent computer and typing skills including, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook exchange email system, and desktop publishing software such as Adobe, , and other similar programs.
- Fluent in office administration duties including faxing, photocopying, answering phones, arranging meetings
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills are desired.
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesian required
The Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Office Manager. He/She will prepare regular oral and written progress reports that demonstrate the status of project activities toward expected results, as well as other reports as required.
Interested applicants for this position are requested to send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than 15 March 2014. Please indicate the position in the subject line. Only the strongest candidates will be contacted. No telephone inquiries.