Job Title : Administrative Assistant
Location : Central Jakarta
Division : Support
Date : A.S.A.P.
BACKGROUND TO THE ROLE
KARINA (Caritas Indonesia) is the humanitarian arm of the Bishops’ Conference of Indonesia based in Central Jakarta and is officially considered as a member of the Caritas Internationalis confederation.
Established in mid-2006, it recently completed its first strategic planning in early 2008. One of the results of the strategic planning is the identification of 3 (three) main divisions: Programs Division, Support Division and Total Quality Management Division. KARINA (Caritas Indonesia) acts as a coordinating and facilitating body for all the 37 Dioceses incorporated under the Bishops’ Conference of Indonesia.
DESCRIPTION OF THE DIVISION
The Support Division is comprised of four areas: Finance, Administration and Human Resource Development and Fundraising.
The Administrative Assistant will report to the Human Resource Officer.
The contract will be until the end of December 2010.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for carrying out all administrative, logistical and support services, for both routine as well as program activities. He/She is responsible for the effective and timely execution of these services and for ensuring the professional quality of all outputs.
- Maintain list of incoming and outgoing communications.
- Prepare general letters, acknowledgement of receipt of fund transfers in bank accounts, work and purchase orders, travel authorization for KARINA’s Program Coordinator and staff of the Supporting Unit, for signatures by the Executive Director.
- Assist finance unit on timely delivery of banking documents to the relevant banks, verify and ensure correctness of all travel authorizations, claims and supporting documents.
- Manage and administer the requirements of Letter of Acknowlegment with Donors in line with procedures.
- Provide simultaneous translation/interpretation from Indonesia into English vice versa to the Supporting Unit Office at all designated formal and informal meetings. In the course of carrying out these tasks, he/she will ensure that information exchanged in the course of interpretation and translations during these meetings are complete and accurate.
- Translate documents, articles and data collected which are relevant to the work of KARINA operations in general.
- Provide efficient and effective management of the personnel and assets of the Supporting Unit and that they are well taken care of and properly maintained;
- Maintain a proper filing system to ensure materials/documents are suitably filed and catalogued.
- Responsible for maintaining an updated inventory list.
- Responsible and ensure for proper storage of official documents, both for electronic copies and hard copies.
- Responsible for all logistical arrangements (venue,accommodations, transportations, room reservations, food and beverages, etc.), for meetings and workshops, either in KWI or in other venue.
- Responsible for arranging travel arrangements for staff members, in coordination with Supporting Unit Office. Ensure that bookings/tickets are done/delivery on a timely manner.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Human Resource Officer.
- Demonstrates commitment to KARINA vision, mission and values.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Contributes effectively to team work and team outcomes.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Ability to plan own work, manage conflicting priorities and work under pressure of tight and conflicting deadlines.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills as well as interpersonal and public relation skills.
- Diploma in Secretarial Administration or equivalent plus a combination of relevant certification/diploma or other supplemental academic qualifications or training in office administration or related fields. At least 3 years experiences in any of these fields.
- Effective organizational skills and ability to establish priorities and plans, ability to work under pressure and cope with deadlines. Good written and spoken communications skills, good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and the patience to deal with the many day to day challenges of a large operational office.
- Good memo composition and editing skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office, particularly in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Thorough knowledge of English language and speak Bahasa fluently.
- Excellent drafting ability and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Experiences in areas related to the work of humanitarian matters will be seen as a distinct advantage.
Applications, CVs and contact details for 3 references should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org a.s.a.p.