Job Opportunity With Sile/Lld Project
The Project Supporting Islamic Leadership in Indonesia (SILE/Local Leadership for Development (LLD), funded by the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) and executed by a Canadian Consulting firm, is to build the capacity of
- selected State Islamic University (UIN) and State Islamic Institute (IAIN) in their outreach functions with local communities and
- the Ministry of Religious Affairs to effectively integrate democratic governance practices in their strategies, programs and budgets to support university-based community outreach.
The Project is presently looking for a full time Administrative Assistant, one to be located in Makassar and the other in Surabaya. The contract duration will be 2 years plus a probation period. Please find below the Job Description and qualifications required. The candidates interested to apply should send their CV in English with a Letter of interest in English to: email@example.com before February 8, 2013. Please indicate in the covering letter if interested in the position in Makassar or in Surabaya. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
2. Administrative Assistant
Position: Administrative Assistant (AA)
Reports to: Project Officer (Makassar or Surabaya)
Location: Makassar or Surabaya
The Administrative Assistant reports to the Project Officer (PO). He/she will provide assistance on administrative and logistic matters to the PO and in close coordination with the Finance Assistant. The Administrative Assistant will ensure that office systems and logistic support is efficient, effective and dependable and in accordance to the Project Procedures Manual.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining efficient administrative systems including filing, IT systems, inventory and other related matters
- Coordinate with the Office Administrator in Jakarta to ensure application of Project procedures for administrativeand logistical aspects
- Maintain good working relations with project partners (UIN/IAIN faculty members and staff) as well as PIUand Project team members/advisors
- Ensure duplication and/or distribution of Project reports, invitations as per request from PO or from Jakarta office
- Provide necessary assistance in the organization of CD activities (work sessions, seminars, short courses) in Makassar/Surabaya office in coordination with AA, PO and PIU
- Arrange for venue of Project activities (meetings, work sessions, seminar, training sessions), meals, photocopy, invitation, meeting material
- Assist in the preparation of supporting documents for meetings, work sessions, training, seminars, etc.
- Provide administrative support (preparation of letters, documents, preparation of reports) for PO, Project advisors and short-term consultants
- Ensure logistic support (ticket reservation, hotel reservations, transportation) to Project advisors(Canadian and Indonesian) and short-term consultants
- Provide assistance in the preparation of participants of capacity developmentactivities in Indonesia and outside of Indonesia (application forms)such as scholarships, internships, conference, exposure visits, courses, etc.
- Provide support for the implementation or monitoring of annual work planactivitiesrelated to Project Components 100 and 200
- Assist, under the guidance of the PO, in procurement/purchasing of goods and equipment according to Project Procedures Manual
- Ensure the proper maintenance of all project equipment, in particular computers and the project vehicle.
- Assist in managing and coordinating general maintenance of the Makassar or Surabaya office premises including office space and furniture.
- Assist POin coordinating the use of the project vehicle
- Provide assistance, when required, to the Finance Assistant
3. Qualifications Required
- Minimum Sarjana (S1)
- Experience(minimum 10 years) in administrative and logistic aspects
- Experience working in the context of project preferably in higher education sector
- Strong Indonesian language communication and a very good command of spoken and written English
- Familiar with computer software such as Excel, Word, etc.
- Experience working in Surabaya or Makassar is an advantage
- Ability to work well with team from different background
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Gender equity and social inclusion is a high priority for this Project