SCALING UP FOR MOST-AT-RISK POPULATION II (SUM II) is a USAID- funded program, which t will provide technical assistance in organizational performance required to scale-up effective, integrated HIV interventions that lead to substantial and measurable behavior change among Most-at Risk Populations (MARPs) in targeted locations in Indonesia. The project is managed by Training Resources Group, Inc in partnership with RTI International. The organizational performance topics include accountability, administration, advocacy, finance, governance, knowledge management, leadership, management, monitoring and evaluation, networking, partnership, policy development, resource mobilization, strategic planning and transparency. SUM II will provide and monitor small grants to qualified civil society organizations to support the scale-up of integrated interventions in “hotspots” where there is a high concentration of one or more MARP and high-risk behavior is prevalent. Note: this position will be an RTI International employee.
RTI-SUM 2 Project is seeking for highly qualified candidates to fill the Administrative Assistant Position to be based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
The Administrative Assistant is a member of the project support team for SUM 2-RTI Indonesia, under direct supervision of the Finance and Grants Manager. S/He is responsible for the overall daily management of Jakarta and regional offices for the project and office administrative staff and its functions, including the role as the office receptionist. Her/his responsibility includes managing staff’s timesheets, office hours, holidays and staff leave and asset inventory. Project administrative role includes arranging project events (workshops, seminars, etc.) and travel of the project staff. Under this contract, the Administrative Assistant will be an employee of RTI International under the SUM II-RTI Indonesia project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and manage SUM 2-RTI Indonesia support staff in their daily responsibilities
- Direct responsibility for providing management advice on issues related to SUM 2-RTI Indonesia expenses in coordination with the Finance and Administration Assistant
- Coordinate with Finance and Administration Assistant in managing SUM II daily expenses
- Conduct procurement as required (office supplies, etc.) to ensure compliance with USAID regulations and procedures
- Arrange and manage travel for project staff and its counterparts as required
- Assist Jakarta and regional Jakarta offices to arrange project events
- Ensure that office procedures are adhered to by SUM 2-RTI Indonesia staff, this includes office hours, holiday and staff fringe benefits (insurance, leave, etc.)
- Manage, and communicate administrative issues regularly with SUM 2-RTI Indonesia staff
- Manage project staff’s timesheets and short-term consultants’ daily logs
- Maintain, record and file all files related to official documents related to project
- Maintain up-to-date inventory of SUM 2-RTI Indonesia equipment
- Working closely in collaboration with SUM 2 Finance & Grants Manager and RTI Indonesia HR unit in making sure that HR policies are properly implemented.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management or equivalent;
- Proficiency in English and Bahasa Indonesia;
- Computer literate;
- Experience in supervising support staff from administration related backgrounds and professions;
- Proven managerial skills in diverse working environment;
- Skills and ability in managing a good office environment;
- Able to communicate verbally and in writing in English and Indonesian;
- Able to work under pressure and able to take some initiative by managing staff to complete or help in performing their duties;
- Strong communicator and multi-tasker, good team-work and participatory skills;
- Strong networking capacity and liaison skills.
Interested candidates should send the following documentations: Application letter and CV with 3 referees. Please indicate the position you are applying for in the email subject, and submit the application by 9 May 2014 to firstname.lastname@example.org.