Tetra Tech ARD is currently accepting expressions of interest for the Regional Administrative Officer (Katingan/Palangkaraya-Central Kalimantan based) on our USAID Indonesia Forestry and Climate Support Project (USAID IFACS).
USAID IFACS seeks to reduce the threats of deforestation and climate change, and help the Government of Indonesia (GOI) conserve the country’s tropical forests, wildlife, and ecosystem processes (including carbon sequestration).
Under the day to day supervision of the Regional Manager and guidance from Operation Manager, Procurement Officer, Grants Team and Administrative Officer – Jakarta, he/she will be responsible for ensuring a clear and effective communication, receiving guests and customers and directing them to the officer and individuals they need, receipt and distribution of documents and mail from outside. In addition he/she will assist the procurement officer in procurement of goods and the maintaining the project inventory list.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Serve as a liaison with office landlords and management of the lease agreements and maintenance needs.
- Coordinate and manage the driver, security, and cleaning services.
- Provide logistic support for all workshops and trainings. This will include reserving workshop venues, preparing invitations, and other administrative tasks as assigned by Regional Manager.
- Maintain the USAID IFACS financial system for the Regional Office. Under the supervision of the Jakarta base finance officer, issue payments, maintaining a written record of all payments with receipts, and send require financial documents to Jakarta.
- Manage Petty Cash
Human Resources Management:
- Maintain work, leave, sick records and prepare reports as directed by the Administrative Officer.
- Assist the Administrative Officer in maintaining office policy and procedural manuals for all staff.
Procurement Services for Program Support:
- Assist in the procurement of office equipment and supplies. This will involve following proper USAID procedures for competitive bidding, preparing Purchase Order, and payments.
- Coordinate with the Procurement Officer on addressing procurement issues pertaining to VAT processing and reporting for program operation costs.
- Submission of monthly Procurement Purchase Report (PPR) to Procurement Officer and maintaining Procurement inventory list up to date.
Safety and Security Administration:
- Maintain and update the USAID IFACS Safety and Security Guidelines and ensure compliance.
- Maintain and update the USAID IFACS Emergency Contact Rosters and phone tree.
- Coordinate with Grants Specialist for the administrative and financial of grants, including provision of capacity building/training for grantees in grants management.
- Ensure grantees deliverables/milestones are submitted properly in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with Grants Specialist for financial reports; review the grant financial reporting by monthly and quarterly basis and make sure the entire supporting document is properly documented.
- Make sure grantees financial receipts are compliance with USAID IFACS.
- Coordinate and conduct site visits to grantees to ensure their finance management compliance with USAID IFACS.
- In coordination with Regional Administrative Officer, to ensure all procurement executed by grantees is in compliance with USAID regulation.
Qualifications (Minimum Requirements):
- University degree in relevant subject matter.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in equivalent administrative position, with experience in human resources, procurement, and/or financial management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues.
- In addition, must be flexible, willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours.
- Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team.
- Must also be able to create a supportive working relationship among all project teams.
- Native fluency in spoken and written Indonesian;
- Professional competency in spoken and written English.
- Strong coordination and team playing skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to engage in activities occurring in multiple field sites with multiple stakeholders across Indonesia.
- Willingness to travel extensively in Indonesia.
Please submit your recent CV as of 31 January 2013 (the latest) with subject Regional Administrative Officer (Katingan/Palangkaraya-Central Kalimantan based) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tetra Tech ARD is an equal opportunity employer.