Advertisement for Accountant in Bali office (ACC-IMP)
The Nature Conservancy (TNC) is a global conservation organization dedicated to preserve the plants, animals, and natural communities that represent the diversity of life on Earth by protecting the lands and waters they need to survive. In order to strengthen Indonesia Marine program in Bali office, we open a position for *Accountant*.
The accountant is responsible to implement and manage the accounting system in compliance with The Nature Conservancy internal requirement. S/he responsible for preparing and/or reviewing general ledger transactions to insure accuracy of TNC’s financial reports.
The Accountant is expected to provide valid, relevant and accurate financial and operating information on timely basis to support the Associate Finance Manager in setting the goals, decision making and control the performance of the project. S/he should facilitate financial monitoring of expenses and assist Associate Finance Manager for preparing the Indonesia Marine Program (IMP) Financial overview. S/he also serves as liaison between IMP and other field offices under the Indonesia Marine Program to ensure compliance with internal and external financial, accounting, and administrative policies and procedures.
Duties may encompass a wide range of detailed accounting/financial transactions from preparation of check request, review EER and MER, including through general and subsidiary ledger entries, financial report preparation and reconciliation, bank statements and budget reporting. S/he may prepare and analyze general ledger transactions to insure accuracy of TNC’s financial reports.
This position will report directly to the Associate Finance Manager in Bali Office, and work closely with other finance team in Jakarta office.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting from accredited college or university, 5-7 years of related work experience or equivalent combination.
- Strong understanding of fund accounting principles, practices and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to pay attention to detail, to keep accurate financial records and to prioritize effectively and work accurately under time constraints using initiative and judgement.
- May require in-depth working knowledge of grants accounting.
- Technical expert on complex accounting/financial issues.
- Solid knowledge and experience using and maintaining automated systems.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English. Ability to work well with people.
- Strong organizational skills and accuracy, attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to lead efforts on complex projects with many variables & set realistic deadlines & manages a timeline.
- Ability to adapt or modify processes in response to changing circumstances.
- Ability to interpret guidelines & analyze factual information.
- Duties may require non-routine analysis, research and follow through.
- Interpret guidelines and analyze factual information
- Resolve routine problems independently; consult with supervisor to develop solutions of unusual or complex problems.
- Ability to complete multiple & variable less defined assignments in a timely manner.
- Make strategic decisions based on analysis, experience and judgment.
- Significant opportunity to act independently within broad program goals.
- Opportunities to act independently on assigned tasks. Refers difficult issues to supervisor.
RESPONSIBILITY/OVERSIGHT –FINANCIAL & SUPERVISORY:
- Manage daily project related transaction in term of complying approved budget and ensure that The Nature Conservancy financial procedure and policies are implemented correctly.
- Prepare monthly Bank Reconciliation and list of advances for IMP office. Review advances account in monthly basis and take any proper action to the due outstanding advances.
- Operate Accounting GL program software and prepare the daily transactions for Bank Register.
- Assist the Associate Finance Manager for monthly review on the financial report from all field offices under the Indonesia Marine Program and send to Indonesia Representative Office accurately and timely. Ensure that all field office transaction comply with the TNC policies and procedures and external (donor/legal) requirements. Provide necessary feed back on any comments from Indonesia Representative Office
- Coordinate with the Accounting Manager at Indonesia Representative Office in monthly basis on the foreign tax withholding and income tax record for IMP and responsible to take any necessary action to the local Tax Office.
- Responsible to prepare tracking report of IMP’s consultant for their payment (fees and reimbursement).
- Responsible for preparation of summary budget center allocation for IMP’s monthly telephone bills.
- Having an authority to maintain an account with any local bank on behalf of the IMP.
- Provide assistance to the Associate Finance Manager to develop the annual work plan and annual budget operation.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Communicates clearly and in a timely manner to respond to queries and resolve problems.
- Demonstrate professional, positive, approachable attitude/demeanor and discretion.
- Work with and communicate with a wide range of people including; the public, program leadership, influential donors, and partners. Work in partnership with other organizations in a collaborative or advisory role.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work requires only minor physical exertion and/or strain. Work environment involves only infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements.
- Willing to work flexible hours, including weekends, holidays and evenings.
- Ability to work under stress during peak workload periods.
Application could be sent to: email@example.com not later than 4 June 2010.