Advertisement for Accountant in Raja Ampat field office – based in Sorong, Papua
*The Nature Conservancy (TNC)* is a global conservation organization dedicated to preserve the plants, animals, and natural communities that represent the diversity of life on Earth by protecting the lands and waters they need to survive. In order to strengthen the team in Raja Ampat field office, we open a position for Accountant.
The accountant is responsible to implement and manage the accounting system in compliance with The Nature Conservancy internal requirement. S/He is expected to provide valid, relevant and accurate financial and operating information on timely basis to support the Program Coordinators in setting the goals, decision making and control the performance of the project. S/He should facilitate financial monitoring of expenses to CTC Raja Ampat Program Office with the responsibility for working closely and coordinating with Finance Coordinator in CTC Office.
Duties may encompass a wide range of detailed accounting/financial transactions including general and subsidiary ledger entries, financial report preparation and reconciliation, bank statements and budget reporting. May prepare and analyze general ledger transactions to insure accuracy of TNC’s financial reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and 2-3 year of related work experience or equivalent combination.
- Knowledge of GAAP and understanding of the basic principles of fund accounting.
- May require working knowledge of grants accounting.
- Solid knowledge and experience using automated systems.
- Demonstrated experience in MS Office, Word, Excel. May require database management skills with ability to produce reports. Ability to use advanced computer functions including ability to navigate the Internet.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work well with people.
- Strong leadership and proven organization skills, ability to work under pressure and independently, with attention to detail.
Application can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 15 May 2010