Scope of Work
Bookkeeper/ Finance Assistant
Chemonics International was founded in 1975 and is one of the largest U.S. consulting firms providing expertise in developing and emerging-market countries for initiatives financed by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
II. Position Name
Bookkeeper/ Finance Assistant
III. General Responsibilities
The Bookkeeper/Finance Assistant will at all times adhere to and act according to the Chemonics Professional Code of Ethics (“Living Our Values”) and will make the principles of the Code a part of the project’s culture and standard operating procedures.
Under the Finance Manager’s direction the Bookkeeper/Finance Assistant also should be ready to undertake other project duties as required by the COP and DCOP, if needed.
IV. Specific Duties
Primary responsibility is to assists with all project bookkeeping tasks and perform basic financial functions. Detailed job responsibilities are listed below include, but not limited to, the following:
- Receive invoices from vendors; manage and ensure timely payment by the project.
- Prepare documentation for all payment transactions including but not limited to vouchers, checks and transfer forms. Ensure that appropriate documentation and approvals are obtained.
- Maintain the project’s accounting files system. Make sure that all vouchers are in order, completed properly and have bank slips/copy of checks attached.
- Maintain the tax files for the project, recorded and paid in timely manner.
- Prepare daily Bank Reconciliation.
- Assist Finance Manager to prepare payroll for all local staff based in Jakarta.
- Explain basic accounting principles in line with USAID and Chemonics regulations to staff and consultants, as necessary.
- Perform other general bookkeeping duties as needed and other duties as assigned by Finance Manager.
- Excellent organizational and bookkeeping skills.
- Minimum Bachelor decree
- at least 3 years of experience as bookkeeper or finance officer with large-scale international projects .
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks efficiently with attention to detail.
- Proficiency in MS `Office software including Microsoft Excel, Access, and Word.
- Proven familiarity with accounting software programs such as QuickBooks
- Knowledge of USAID policies, procedures, rules and regulations is preferable.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills are desired.
- Proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing English.
The Bookkeeper/Finance manager reports directly to the Finance Manager. He/She will prepare regular oral and written progress reports that demonstrate the status of project activities toward expected results, as well as other reports as required.
Interested applicants for this position are requested to send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than 15 March 2014. Please indicate the position in the subject line. Only the strongest candidates will be contacted. No telephone inquiries.