Lowongan kerja ini meneruskan dari milis DevJobsIndo.
Period of Performance: 1 April 2019 – 31 March 2020
(with possibility for extension)
As Indonesia’s economy continues to grow, economic inequality is also increasing, and the population living near or below the poverty line is at risk of being left behind. Entrepreneurship provides an important avenue for poor and vulnerable (P&V) youth to improve their livelihoods, create economic opportunity for themselves and others in their communities, and contribute to Indonesia’s economic development. However, P&V youth face barriers to launching their own businesses. Existing entrepreneurship programs rarely address challenges particular to this group – including foundational skill gaps and the need for coaching and mentoring to help them start and/or grow businesses.
The goal of the JAdi Pengusaha MandiRI (Become an Independent Entrepreneur, otherwise known as JAPRI) program is to improve work opportunities for P&V youth ages 18-30. JAPRI leverages and tailors existing entrepreneurship resources to promote entrepreneurship among P&V youth. JAPRI is implemented by a consortium, which includes the Institute of International Education (IIE) as the lead, Prestasi Junior Indonesia (PJI), and the Mien R.Uno Foundation (MRUF). The consortium will bring complementary strengths to JAPRI – entrepreneurship expertise, and a proven ability to work directly with P&V youth in Indonesia and create networks of local officials, private sector representatives, and successful youth entrepreneurs. JAPRI works with relevant local governments and universities to identify potential P&V youths.
JAPRI is one in a consortia of programs under a larger USAID initiative, called Mitra Kunci, which is providing Indonesia’s poorest and most vulnerable with skills needed to be productive members of Indonesia’s workforce consortium.
The goal of JAPRI is to improve P&V youth work opportunities by increasing their entrepreneurial skills. JAPRI will achieve its goal through the following objectives:
- Objective 1: JAPRI will empower P&V youth to start and/or grow business through increased entrepreneurship knowledge and skills, and access to business coaching and mentoring.
- Objective 2: JAPRI will strengthen the capacity of local stakeholders to provide P&V youth entrepreneurs with ongoing support through increased commitment and readiness of stakeholders in adopting JAPRI model.
Objectives of Consultancy
The Communications Consultant will be involved with the development of the program communication strategy and work with JAPRI implementing partners to ensure the use of a standardized method and tools to communicate program impact and achievements of program objectives. The Communications Consultant will take lead in the development and implementation of the majority of the communication assets; lead external communication to the public, professional peers and thought leaders through partnership with national and local press and government institutions. The scope of the consultant will include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Co-design an effective communications strategy for JAPRI, assist in the implementation of the strategy, and strengthen existing outreach and communications activities.
- Take lead in the program’s outreach efforts, providing active support for program events, communications and associated deliverables, which includes scoping potential stakeholders that will contribute to JAPRI’s deliverables
- Serve as the focal point to develop and disseminate information related to the program.
- Manage, create and maintain good relationship with JAPRI implementing parters and other direct stakeholders including USAID, Mitra Kunci implementers, academics, local governments and community organizations.
- Design and prepare communications material, including suporting the development of success stories required as one of the program deliverables (lay out, design and content).
- Produce public relations/promotional materials for events and program activities, including brochures, factsheets, and other publications, and facilitating distribution as necessary.
- Analyzing and monitoring media coverage on both the national and local level.
- Responsible for ensuring that all communication material are in compliance with USAID’s marking and branding requirements, which includes reviewing and revising communication materials produced by JAPRI’s implementing partners.
- Other duties as deemed necessary by the program related to outreach/communication..
- 1-2 years of proven experience in similar roles
- Good command and ability to use various design software, particularly the Adobe Suite including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, and CorelDraw.
- Excellent comprehension of branding, preferably having experience in USAID’s marking and branding regulations and communications requirements
- Creativity, originality, fluency of ideas, information ordering (good writing skills ), and detail oriented.
- Demonstrable ability to work under a tight schedule and deliver timely and quality materials
- Proficiency in Bahasa and English (writing and speaking)
Fully SOW could be found at the IIE worldwide web address: https://www.iie..org/en/Work-With-Us/Subawards-Procurements/Solicitations-for-Consultants.
Offerors are encouraged to check this website periodically.
How to Apply:
- Send your CV with cover letter addressing your suitability to the essential function of this position to Lherlina@iie.org no later than Tuesday, March 19, 2019
- Indicate Communication Consultant (your name) in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interviews. All incoming CV will be treated confidential
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to your participation.