Lowongan kerja ini meneruskan dari milis DevJobsIndo.
RIKOLTO Indonesia (formerly VECO Indonesia), the regional branch of the International NGO RIKOLTO, committed to the development of a sustainable agricultural value chain and food system, is now recruiting an Indonesian National for the position of:
Communication Officer / Editor
Responsible for RIKOLTO Indonesia`s communication strategy and for producing, editing, copy-editing, copy-writing and proofreading the organisation’s communication and publication materials.
To be based in the Regional Office in Denpasar, Bali.
Main responsibilities and tasks:
The Communication Officer / Editor is responsible for the development and the implementation of the communication strategy of RIKOLTO Indonesia, in close consultation and coordination with the Regional Director, the Executive Management Team and other relevant staff members, to support the program’s goal at the appropriate local, national, and international levels.
The Communication Officer / Editor will be producing, editing, copy-editing, copy-writing and proofreading all important communication materials of RIKOLTO Indonesia such as activity reports, project concept notes, project proposals, contracts, internal memos, letters to donors and government officials, PowerPoint-presentations, social media posts (on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) and website-articles.
The Communication Officer / Editor will have a strong focus on meeting an excellent standard regarding language (in English and Bahasa Indonesia), content, design and PR-value. He or she will ensure that all communication materials are clear, consistent, complete and credible and that text is well written, accessible and grammatically correct. He or she will contribute to the delivery of the finalized communication materials within the internally or externally set deadlines.
The Communication Officer / Editor will partly produce communication materials him- or herself based upon internal and external information, collected by him- or herself and/or provided by other staff members. Regarding communication materials prepared by other staff members, the Communication Officer / Editor will be required to correct typos, spelling mistakes, poor layout (including pictures and graphs) and mistakes in grammar (proofreading). Furthermore he or she will have to check content, impose consistent styles and reword or rewrite if needed (copy-editing).
The Communication Officer / Editor will be part of the Executive Management Team (EMT) and will report directly to the Regional Director. When relevant, he or she will have to contribute to RIKOLTO Indonesia`s decision-making on strategic issues and will have to perform tasks outside the strict responsibilities as described above.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in Bahasa Indonesia (native) and English (native or advanced);
- At least 5 year`s experience in a similar position (or equivalent);
- Degree in Communication, Media, Journalism, Political Sciences, Rural Development, English and/or Indonesian Language or Literature (or equivalent);
- Attention to details and a consistent content and style;
- Excellent knowledge of the regular Microsoft Office applications (knowledge of graphic design software and web content management systems is an asset);
- A pleasant, flexible and motivating attitude while maintaining excellent professional communication and networking skills towards colleagues and external stakeholders;
- Experience or interest in working in a multicultural and diverse environment;
- Affinity with sustainable, human and environmentally friendly practices.
To maintain a good gender balance in our team, we especially encourage female candidates to apply.
Please submit by e-mail your CV, application letter and minimum salary expectation with subject: <<Your Name>> Communication Officer/Editor before 20 October 2017 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Human Resources Department
Jl. Badak Agung X / No.22, Sumerta Kelod
Denpasar, Bali Province