Lowongan kerja ini meneruskan dari milis DevJobsIndo.
Abt Associates is a specialist international health and social sector consulting company that provides services to public and private sector clients. Abt Associates is a wholly owned Australian subsidiary of Abt Associates, regularly ranked as one of the top 20 global research firms and one of the top 40 international development innovators. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors, contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Abt Associates is an organisation that has a personal commitment to its staff and as such we value the long-term relationships that we build with the people who work for us.
KOMPAK is an Australia-Indonesia government partnership supporting the Government of Indonesia’s efforts in reducing poverty through improvements in basic service delivery and creating opportunities for work. KOMPAK focuses its efforts on three result areas:
- Supporting Local Governments and Service Units to better address the needs of basic service users;
- Supporting the poor and vulnerable to benefit from improved village governance; and
- Supporting the poor and vulnerable to benefit from increased opportunities for employment and economic development.
The Communications & Media Relations Lead provides leadership on the communications strategy and function in KOMPAK, including managing the communication section. The position reports to the Director of Performance.
- Lead the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of an overarching communications strategy for KOMPAK. The strategy should focus on promoting the purpose/identity, key initiatives and results of KOMPAK to various stakeholders (internal and external) using a variety of media;
- Lead the development and/or update of corporate guidelines and protocols for internal and external communication purposes and ensure their application as per agreed quality assurance processes;
- Provide effective support and advise to the implementation team for their communication needs, including the technical advice and quality assurance on communications aspects of specific initiatives and activities at national and sub-national levels;
- Build and maintain network with key stakeholders for KOMPAK, including government (particularly the communications, public affairs units in partner ministries), DFAT (particularly public affairs), and other relevant parties;
- Build interest and understanding among media on KOMPAK; manage and provide oversight to KOMPAK media events and ensure appropriate arrangements are in place for the success of the event;
- Lead on communications support for events that involve high-level stakeholders from GOI and DFAT.
- Further information regarding other key duties is included in the Information for Applicants in the ‘View Position Description’.
- Tertiary qualifications in Public Relations, Communications or Marketing, Journalism or a related discipline (essential)
- Post-graduate qualifications (desirable)
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of communication strategies and systems appropriate to the DFAT and the Indonesian context (essential)
- Excellent understanding and capacity to harness new technologies
- Must have the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Hands on experience in a supervisory/ managerial capacity is preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of innovative forms of communications for different stakeholders
Further Information & Application
Further information in regards to this opportunity can found in the Position Description available from the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website at:
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and must include a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements listed above.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
Applications close: 9 January 2019 – midnight (AEST)
We welcome and thank all applicants however; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Abt Associates – Who We Are
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children. For more information about our company and what we do visit our website at www.abtassociates.com.au