Lowongan kerja ini meneruskan dari milis DevJobsIndo.
Abt Associates is a specialist international health and social sector consulting company that provides services to public and private sector clients. Abt Associates is a wholly owned Australian subsidiary of Abt Associates, regularly ranked as one of the top 20 global research firms and one of the top 40 international development innovators. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors, contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Abt Associates is an organisation that has a personal commitment to its staff and as such we value the long-term relationships that we build with the people who work for us.
KOMPAK is an Australia-Indonesia government partnership supporting the Government of Indonesia’s efforts in reducing poverty through improvements in basic service delivery and creating opportunities for work. KOMPAK focuses its efforts on three result areas:
- Supporting Local Governments and Service Units to better address the needs of basic service users;
- Supporting the poor and vulnerable to benefit from improved village governance; and
- Supporting the poor and vulnerable to benefit from increased opportunities for employment and economic development.
The Data Analyst is part of the Research and Evaluation team and reports to the Research and Evaluation Lead..
This position provides high quality support to KOMPAK in the managing, maintenance and provision of quality analysis of KOMPAK data and information on Activities and related data sets. The position will help to ensure data quality, accuracy and management in the KOMPAK MIS and relevant program folders.
- Prepare a data analysis plan based on KOMPAK’s Work Plan for 2019, particularly major Activities and priority evaluative studies.
- Manage KOMPAK data in the MIS periodically checking to ensure data is entered, data cleaning, identification of errors, missing data and/or inaccuracies of data being entered by individual teams using available M+E tools. Engaging with teams to follow up and seek further information, data checking and so on.
- Analyse KOMPAK data and prepare presentations on data results that can be used for reporting purposes including to the Steering Committee, Technical Committee meetings. This includes drawing on and analyzing relevant Bureau of Statistics (BPS) data of relevance to KOMPAK’s work (health, education, legal identity, nutrition and local economic development). As well as drawing on and analyzing KOMPAK baseline data sources (2017 Baseline, results from 2015-2018 and so on). Ensure presentations communicate data in a results-oriented manner with clear and simple messages.
- Support periodic and ad hoc analysis of data from Activities and reports across KOMPAK locations including data and information from monthly reports of KOMPAK teams and KOMPAK partners. This includes preparing data analysis for various donor and government reports, updates and presentations as required.
- Develop and maintain up to date data sets from official sources for KOMPAK locations that can be used for reporting, presentations, analysis and comparison. Ensure this information is stored and packaged in a way that is accessible to teams to use for internal analysis.
- Support the evaluative studies agenda through gathering and analyzing KOMPAK and non-KOMPAK data sets and information to be used by writers and researchers to be included in policy papers, position papers, good practice stories and documentation of KOMPAK’s work.
- Further information regarding other key duties is included in the Information for Applicants in the ‘View Position Description’.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics or relevant field
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience in working with Indonesian government statistics
- Demonstrated knowledge of statistical and programming software (at minimum Excel, SPSS, Word)
- Fluent Indonesian and working knowledge of English
- Excellent analytical skills and an attention to detail
Further information regarding other key requirements is included in the Information for Applicants in the ‘View Position Description’.
Further Information & Application
Further information in regards to this opportunity can found in the Position Description available from the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website at:
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and must include a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements listed above.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
Applications close: 9 January 2019 – midnight (AEST)
We welcome and thank all applicants however; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Abt Associates – Who We Are
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children. For more information about our company and what we do visit our website at www.abtassociates.com.au