Plan is an international humanitarian, child-focused development organization without religious, political or governmental affiliation. Plan’s vision is a world in which all children realize their full potential in societies that respect people’s rights and dignity. Plan Indonesia started to operate in Indonesia on 1969.
Plan Indonesia is looking for a dynamic Indonesian national to fill the position of: ASEAN Safe School Initiatif Finance and Admin Manager – Jakarta Based.
Dimensions of Role:
- The Finance and Admin Manager will work full time for the 15 month funded DIPECHO project and DFAT/HPA funding period.
- The position will ensure effective financial management and administrative systems are in place and being utilised by ASSI program staff both regionally and within target countries.
- Staff who report to this position: none.
Typical Responsibilities – Key End Results of Position
Compliance of ASSI financial reporting system with Field Operation Book (FOB)
- Approve accounting related operations pertaining to payment requisitions, fund transfers and other related banking transactions and remittances of withheld taxes/insurance premiums of the ASSI Program.
- Review monthly financial statements to verify compliance with reporting standards set forth in FOB. Verify selected items including cash receipts and computation of average exchange rates.
- Review monthly bank reconciliation, and the calculation of weighted average bank and book balance of the ASSI Program.
- Perform accounting functions including the maintenance of subsidiary accounting record, account analysis and review the bank reconciliation.
Supervision of the General Ledger (GL) accounting system
- Ensure proper coding, accuracy and timely entry of data at ASSI and ARO levels, in particular.
- Ensure proper recharging of expenses between ASSI target country programs.
- Responsible for timely preparation and accuracy of GL reports (export files) for use at ARO (level three) at month end and year end.
- Disseminate new instructions regarding GL and coding from ARO to ASSI target country programs, maintain a filing system for reference.
- Follow guidelines for system security at ASSI office.
- Responsible for user setup and access at ASSI office.
- Ensure that backup procedures are followed at ASSI office.
Maintenance of grant reporting system by GL
- Monitor the entry of grant budgets in Country Coordination Lead agency GLs.
- Reconcile Plan’s records with grant data from PWW.
- Ensure that grant funded outputs are reflected in PPM system for PU’s.
- Reconcile grant budgets and spending.
Preparation of management information based on financial data
- Maintain a database containing ASSI target country program budgets, budget updates, spending data.
- Prepare regular budget vs. actual variance reports. Identify items for follow up with ASSI PM.
- Prepare ad hoc reports for the ASSI PM, the ARO, IH and ASSI Country Coordination Lead (CCL) offices in consultation with the ASSI PM.
Preparation of Country Annual Budget (CAB) and subsequent budget modifications
- Assist in the preparation of internal guidelines for CCL.
- Assist the ASSI PM in the collection and consolidation of ASSI budgets for presentation to ARO.
- Ensure the proper use of PPM Ndugu software for budget preparation.
- Review calculations and coding of budget and proposed budget modifications.
Ensuring compliance with Government guidelines
- Assist the ASSI PM to ensure that procedures are in accordance with Government regulations.
- Review contracts with Third Parties whether they comply with Government regulations, e.g. property rental, NGO’s, Audit firms, etc.
- Assist in the orientation of accountants and provide administrative, finance, pre-audit support when necessary.
- Assist in the orientation of the auditors.
- Ensure proper use of PPM Ndugu software in units
Administrative Responsibilities and Tasks:
- To develop/revise administration policies and procedures covering purchasing, travel, meetings, insurance, legal issues, vehicle, inventories and fixed assets.
- To roll out the policies and procedures to all target Country Coordination Lead offices and train relevant staff. Establising country wide administration policies and procedures.
Managing country-wide procurement/services
- To insure that Plan receives value for money when purchasing.
- To ensure that the purchasing activities in ASSI are in line with Plan policies and procedures.
- To review Purchase Orders for the ASSI Office.
- To approve Purchase Orders for ASSI in line with the Delegation of Authority.
- To ensure that goods and services are purchased and provided in a timely manner.
Management of Plan Indonesia’s assets
- To design a system of maintenance for Plan’s ASSI assets, particularly office equipment, etc.
- To safeguard Plan’s ASSI assets.
- To supervise Plan’s ASSI fixed assets and inventory control.
- To design system of inventory/FA disposal and all other items which are no longer required.
- To manage business and travel insurance as well as meeting arrangements.
- To develop and maintain relationship with key government agencies (MOFA, ASEC, etc).
- To monitor and submit requirements for government Liaison (reports, visits, permits, approval, visa, work permits etc).
- To supervise the updating of government liaison documents and reports.
- General management of the ASSI Office including maintenance, filing, documentation, security, insurance, cleanliness, etc.
- Oversee travel arrangements for ASSI staff and incoming visitors.
- Identify any relevant legal matters and raise with ASSI PM.
- Be an active participant and contributor in all meetings and workshops.
- Take over ASSI PM responsibilities while PM is traveling.
Communications and Working Relationships:
Relation with and Purpose:
- ASSI Program Manager: Coordination and communications on program budgets and expenditures as well as administration related matters.
- ASSI Program management Team: Coordination and communications on program budgets and expenditures as well as administration related matters.
- Country Coordination Lead Agencies: Coordination and communications on program budgets and expenditures as well as administration related matters; provison of advice and training.
- ARO Finance Manager: Coordination and communication for reporting.
- ARO Operation Team: Coordination for administration related issues.
- UKNO finance officer: Coordination and communication for reporting.
Relation with and Purpose:
- Banks: Banking transactions
- Suppliers: Procurement
- Government: Communication and Coordination
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviors, and Experience Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
- Financial and accounting principles
- Management information system
- Plan’s specific systems: GL, PPM Ndugu
- Indonesian and ASEAN Member States tax laws
- Report writing
- Computer skills
- Spoken and Written English (Bahasa Indonesia desirable)
- Personal Integrity
- Accuracy in figures
- Interest in details
Experience: At least five years in related field.
Education: Minimum of a University Degree in Accounting.
Physical Environment and Demands: A valid passport and ability to travel frequently internationally within the Southeast Asia region.
Level of Contact with Children:
Low contact: No contact or very low frequency of interaction.
All applications will be treated in confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interviews. Please submit your letter of application and detailed curriculum vitae in English by email not later than November 18, 2014 to: HRD.Indonesia@plan-international.org.
Please fill the ‘subject’ column of the e-mails in this format: (The Position)–(Your Name). File attachment not later than 1MB.
Plan is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women are encouraged to apply. As an international child-centered development organization, Plan does not tolerate child abuse. If you would like to know more about Plan International please visit our website at http://www.plan-indonesia.org or www.facebook.com/PagePlanIndonesia.