Key tasks and responsibilities
- Support daily finance activity, Support processing of financial data, end of month closing and reports independently, Partake in cash flow management,
- Support the finance/Admin coordinator to process and review financial transaction, Verify financial transaction and give natural account to split it per activity or project,
- Assist Financial and Administrative Coordinator in financial and procurement procedures, Ensure regular payments are made on a timely basis, Enter financial transactions into the financial application system,
- Ensure that the financial transaction file is well organized, Give technical support for budget elaboration, Assist in responding to Auditors queries
- Responsible for administrative tasks and duties such as : Reception (receipt of visitors, answering telephones, welcoming staff) and dispatching of all incoming and outgoing documents, letters, messages, etc.
- Carry out administrative services eg. faxing, scaning, photocopying, printing, laminating, etc. and other relevant support for delegates, as required
- Maintain filing document/Archiving, Oral Translation for Delegates, Translation of documents in writing from English to local language and vice versa, Responsible for travel booking requests both national and international, Facilitate and maintain visa update for delegates,
- Assist in any other duties that may be assigned
Logistics & Procurement:
- Oversee local procurement and execute all approved payments for local vendors, contractors and consultants for goods and services received, in accordance with the laws and regulations of Indonesia and NorCross regulations/IFRC. Responsible for updating inventory list
- Responsible for maintaining overview of leave and sick days of delegates and staff, and to ensure the proper month counting associated with each request and liaise with the Finance and Administration Coordinator.
- Set up and maintain standard Federation HR procedures for locally recruited staff, including: Assist in setting up and maintain local staff personal files (according to the Federation requirements),
- Assist in development and maintenance of a data base of local staff,
- Collect and enter personal data to the personal files, Process new employment contracts after obtaining all personal information, salary grade and position description signed by the country manager, Ensure that all documents are correct and signed by relevant people.(supervisor, HoO, employee), Reissue contracts as required, Input bank account information and follow up on bank transfers, Organize and participate in recruitment procedures according to the Federation requirements, Liaise and cooperate with local newspapers for advertisement purposes, Develop and maintain a data base for existing application pool
Qualifications & Experience
- A minimum of Diploma in Accounting, A first degree in Finance would be an added advantage
- 3 years on similar experience is preferred
- Advance Skill in computers (Windows, spreadshetts, Word-proessing and accounting application
- Excellent spoken and written English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Experience of working for the Red Cross/Red Crescent is preferred With a competencies
- Teamwork; commitment to the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement; integrity and personal conduct; sensitivity to diversity; flexibility and adaptability; initiative and direction; interpersonal skills
- Specifics compentencies; Ability to work independently, ability to juggle and coordinate many tasks, ability to prioritise tasks, well organised, Reliable and Trustworthy.
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualification and experience with your curriculum vitae latest on 10th October 2010 to:
Norwegian Red Cross:
Please indicate on the subject heading: Application for FINANCE & ADMIN OFFICER . Only short listed candidates will be notified.
NOTES: To employee of IFRC/NS/HNS/ICRC please makes sure you had a permission from your superior if you wish to apply for this position