Lowongan kerja ini meneruskan dari milis DevJobsIndo.
One of the Sustainable Development Goals is sustainable development, and the private sector has a critical role in this endeavour. Corporate sustainability defined as the delivery of long-term value in economic, social and environmental terms is the most important contribution that business can provide to sustainable development.
It is widely accepted that women’s empowerment yields strong economic returns and may be the most critical enabler to achieving a wide range of sustainable development and other objectives. Representing 49.5% of world population, women represent untapped potential resources for accelerating the economic growth. They are underrepresented in many sectors, including in employment and business opportunities. It has been reported that the global workforce participation rate of women still averages 50% of the population and the trend is declining over the years for age 15 to 24 years, which is likely linked to expanding educational opportunities at the secondary and tertiary levels.
Business, along with other actors, has a key role to play in advancing gender equality across the workplace, marketplace and community. The Women’s Empowerment Principles (WEPs), a joint initiative of UN Women and the UN Global Compact, are a set of seven principles offering concrete steps for business based on good business practices from around the world. They offer a clear, coherent and attainable vision of the contribution that business can and must make towards gender equality in order to achieve sustainable business and contribute to sustainable development.
Indonesia is a member of the G-20 major economies and its economy is the largest in Southeast Asia. Approximately 52% of the population lives in rural areas. Although challenges remain in terms of efficiency and outreach, over the years, Indonesia has improved some key areas related to gender inequality, such as health and education, opportunities, voice and agency, and stipulating the necessary legislation for gender mainstreaming.
According to World Bank’ data, female labour force participation in the formal market was 49% in 2015, while male participation reached 83%.
Although Indonesia has achieved good economic growth (averaged 5.35% from 2000 until 2016), to maintain this growth and take more of its people out of poverty, Indonesia must increase workforce participation.
About our organization:
Using a business coalition model, eight prominent companies in Indonesia have agreed to form a business coalition for investing in women initiative named Indonesia Business Coalition for Women Empowerment (IBCWE). The coalition is a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to bring together leading private sector companies in Indonesia to commit to gender equality (defined as equal employment opportunity and equal recruitment as well as promotion of women at all levels). The founding members are: (1) Sintesa Group; (2) PT Gajah Tunggal, Tbk; (3) PT Bank Tabungan Pensiun Nasional – BTPN; (4) PT Pan Brothers, Tbk; (5) PT Accenture; (6) PT Adis Dimension Sportswear; (7) PT Mitra Adi Perkasa, Tbk; (8) PT Unilever, Tbk.
About the position:
Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the Finance and Admin Assistant provides assistance to the organization in managing finance and administration daily operation ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of finance and administration documentation. The Finance and Admin Assistant will be responsible for:
- Prepare vouchers and financial transactions to be accurately and timely recorded in project accounts in accordance with donor requirements
- Prepare all expense payments and disbursement according to provisions and conditions as stipulated by IBCWE requirements
- Maintain databases for financial information and proper finance and accounting system at IBCWE office
- Coordinate with building service, service suppliers and arrange receipt/copy of expense to be paid
- Contact/paper drop to/with Bank or or tax authority as requested
- Follow up the Travel Authorations/advances and its clearance/Trave Expense Report
- Assist to prepare financial reports and budget estimation
- Prepare calculation of taxes
- Prepare payroll of employees
- To conduct proper and efficient procurement of goods and services based on IBCWE manual and meets international procurement standards as required by donors
- To maintain PO database that links to asset property numbering, inventory status (user, location, disposal, etc) including hardcopy in complete and proper documentation
- Handles Fixed Asset & Inventory Management including Disposal and Insurance
- To assist administration and human resources operational tasks within the organization, i.e. being focal point for BPJS Ketenagakerjaan and BPJS Kesehatan.
- At least hold Bachelor Degree (S1) in Accounting
- Minimum 3 years of experience in finance and accounting
- Experience in handling administration tasks in a project-oriented organization
- Knowledge in donor reporting system is an advantage
- Personal Competencies
- Strong team player and ability to work with diverse individuals and organizations
- Well organized: able to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in English and Bahasa Indonesia: demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well in multicultural environment.
Terms of offer:
IBCWE is an equal opportunity employer and offers a collegial and gender-sensitive working environment. We believe that staff diversity promotes excellence and strongly encourage applications from qualified women. This is a National Position and will be for an initial period of 2 (two) years, renewable subject to assessment of performance, continued relevance of the position and availability of resources.
How to apply:
- Applications for the position must include
- A cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements and salary expectations
- Detail curriculum vitae, including names and addresses of three referees, including telephone, fax numbers and email addresses.
All correspondence should be addressed to Indonesia Business Coalition for Women Empowerment via email: firstname.lastname@example.org and should indicate “Application for IBCWE Finance and Admin Assistant” on the application letter and email subject.
Applications will be considered until January 13, 2017 or until a suitable candidate is identified and selected. Please note that only short listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.