World Relief is a USA relief and development charity working with to bring help and hope to communities in need. World Relief is committed to the sector standards and good practice. Right now we are looking for a dedicate and capable person for the following position:
FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT
Effective Date: January 2011
Job Title of Immediate Supervisor: Finance and Adm Manager
Work Location: Based in Bali
Status Categories: Term of Assignment: 3 months Fixed Term Contract, with possibility extend 1 year contract.
To provide finance and accounting support to the World Relief programs in accordance with World Relief’s Policies and Procedures, maintain accounting records and the general ledger and provide reports.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES:
Cash and Banking
- Responsible for the office petty cash float.
- Issue petty cash and cash advances to staff and to project sites as required, ensuring that records are well maintained.
- Receive cash into Field Office bank and/or petty cash ensuring that records are well maintained.
- Maintain the cash book and reconcile daily and weekly.
- Assist the Finance and Adm Manager with forecasting cash requirements and monitor changes.
- Receive and record monies paid in by staff or others, issue receipts as appropriate.
- Maintain safe custody of cash at all times.
- Ensure all expenditures are approved in accordance with World Relief policies and procedures and Logistics operating procedures.
- Check invoices for authorization, correct account and project coding, and process payments for utilities and suppliers.
- Prepare requests for wire transfers or to pay suppliers.
- Check and reimburse employee expenses in accordance with World Relief’s policies and procedures.
- Disburse salaries to local staff in accordance with World Relief’s HR policies and procedures.
- Enter all receipts and expenditure to the general ledger in Quick Books accurately and in a timely manner.
- Make sure that costs, expenses and any recoveries are allocated to the right cost locations, revenue and/ or project codes.
- Reconcile employee advances and other scheduled accounts at least monthly.
- Provide General Ledger files to the Finance and Adm Manager at month end in accordance with finance reporting calendar.
- To provide monthly cash summary, general ledger reports in accordance with WR financial reporting timeframes.
- Assist the Finance and Adm Manager to create, configure, and maintain field accounting systems, forms, and software, including the development, testing and fine tuning of the automated interface system for capturing data into the financial reporting system in use.
- Assist the Finance and Adm Manager provide quarterly project specific financial reports for donors and the monthly reports to Head Office (Baltimore), including ensuring that the reporting module in the financial reporting system in use is configured to generate the required reports.
- Work closely with the Finance and Adm Manager to ensure that systems and reports are compliant, including the timely and accurate generation of ad hoc reports that HQ Finance, donors and management may require from time.
- Filling. Maintain files and other materials needed.
- Administrative tasks. Complete expense reports, vehicle requests, and other forms and documents required by the Finance and Adm Manager. Print, scan and photocopy documents on request by Finance and Adm Manager.
- Work closely with Finance and Adm Manager on preparing and maintaining all project material needs with the process and not limited; Purchase request, Quotations, Purchase Order, etc.
- Develop and maintaining vehicles log book, office supplies, fuel requests,and flight requests.
- Carry out any other duties assigned by the Finance and Adm Manager.
Job Specification and Evaluation
(Information Provided by Manager)
Knowledge and Skill
Minimum skills, education and experience required:
- 3 year Diploma in Accounting up to Bachelor Degree
- Minimum of 3 years book keeping or accounting experience
- Ability to work with numbers
- Demonstrate ability to manage cash
- High level computer skills including proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Knowledge in using QuickBooks or other PC based Accounting packages
- Good organizing skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- A team player with good interpersonal skills
- Able to handle and guard confidential information sensitively and discretely
- Demonstrated ability to work cross culturally
- Fulfillment of the assigned job description.
- Timeliness and quality of communications
Maintaining a constructive attitude
Reliability and trustworthiness
- Able to work in difficult environmental conditions
- This position is based in Bali. Occasional travel to other World Relief locations in Indonesia may be required.
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org before November 26, 2010. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted