Pact is seeking a qualified person to fill the position for Finance and Administration Officer for DERAP Project. This position based in Jakarta.
Please kindly link this website:
Finance & Admin Officer: https://rew11.ultipro.com/PAC1005/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*2C43A98B7286E038.
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development.
Pact exists to help create a world where those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership of their future. The Indonesia DERAP team contributes to realizing this purpose by:
- Forging smart partnerships and treating all people with dignity and respect;
- Applying organizational policies and regulatory compliance appropriately and consistently;
- Facilitating team spirit among colleagues and promoting the organization through communications;
- Influencing decision makers through focused, relevant communications;
- Continually striving to learn and share knowledge and find small ways to make the workplace more enjoyable for all;
- Cultivating and harvesting innovation;
- Inspiring and spreading our desired organizational culture across the global enterprise.
The Finance and Administration Officer (F&AO) is responsible for the overall administration and financial operations for a specific country, project, or set of projects. The F&AO ensures that administrative and finance departments are successfully managed and provides operations support as required. The F&AO has oversight of internal control systems and procedures, operational accounting, financial reporting, auditing, subaward financial management and monitoring, forecasting and realigning multisite project budgets, as well as comprehensive countrylevel budgets. The F&AO is responsible for training and mentoring staff on policies and procedures, donor regulations, new systems, and financial best practices. S/he is also responsible for working closely with the Senior Project Manager and headquarters personnel to ensure compliance with all donor regulations and for effective and proactive management. The F&AO normally manages other administrative functions such as Operations, Finance, HR, Security, and other office support staff.
- Design and implement systems and procedures in compliance with Pact standards, ensuring effective internal controls and minimizing risks for Pact; ensure that corrective action plans approved by headquarters in response to external or internal audits and other monitoring reviews are implemented as planned and scheduled.
- Manage all country or project finances to ensure effective use of resources in order to achieve project objectives in compliance of all donor and Pact requirements; ensure financial monitoring systems provide timely and relevant reports to Pact and project staff, including analysis and tracking of grant commitments (i.e. cash advances), obligations, awards and liquidations, to support efficient accountable implementation.
- Monitor proper management of cash flow ensuring project liquidity at all times. This includes preparation of cash flow forecasts on monthly and quarterly basis and planning for timely preparation and replenishment for partners and others.
- Monitor the DERAP budget on a regular basis and provide good financial projection and analysis available to relevant staff; help prepare accurate cost estimates and budgets for new proposals.
- Mentor and train relevant staff to ensure that team members have the appropriate skill levels for their positions and are developing to their full capacity; conduct trainings for other personnel as needed to fully educate on efficient, effective financial and internal control systems, budget analysis, as well as policy and procedure awareness and compliance.
- Help manage all startup and closeout activities.
- Ensure that all transactions are recorded in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles supported by relevant and verifiable source documents.
- Ensure that all financial records are properly stored and secured.
- Ensure the timely preparation and submission of a monthly financial re[port and supporting narrative on current project status and documentating the monthly review of the financial performance of those activities under her oversight (including monitoring cash balances, subawards financial activities reviewing aged receiveable and accured liabilities etc.
- Ensure that monthly account reconciliation are performed and appropriate plans are put in place and executed as applicable to resolve unreconciled differences.
- Oversee the local securioty management plan and oversee changes tooperations to ensure that adequate risk assessment is carried out and required systems and preventative measures areintroduced.
- A applicable, equip appropriate staff to provide techinical assitance to local NGO’s in teh area of fiancial management and compliance.
- BA and at least 8 years of relevant experience (or equivalent).
- Ability and willingness to travel at short notice.
- Experience supporting international donor-funded program, particularly USAID funded contracts.
- Strong skills in management and coordination of multiple activities and teams.Able to multi task.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and cross cultural skills.
- Highly motivated with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written comminication skills, fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and English
- Experience working in a grants and contracts environment with US Government, including working knowledge of donor regulations system and procedures for managing many sites,partners and customers.