CARE Indonesia in Kupang, East Nusa Tenggara is currently recruiting the following position for its project:
JOB TITLE : FINANCE ASSISTANT
DEPARTMENT/PROJECT : SUPPORT/PATNERS FOR RESILIENCE (PfR)
REPORTS TO : PROJECT MANAGER
JOB SUMMARY :
The Finance Assistant contributes to the overall performance of the sub office by ensuring that all disbursements and receipts are processed correctly and reported on time
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
Transactions Processing and Documentation
- Process advances (travel advance and project advance) and Enter into SCALA.
- Review and process travel expense reports (TER), project expense reports and enter into SCALA.
- Process medical payments and enter in SCALA.
- Prepare bank transfer letters and cheques.
- Process utilities and any other payments related to the operation of the offices in the province and districts.
- Prepare all procurement payments (PO and Non PO).
- Process cash receipts from staff and ensure that they are deposited in a timely manner.
- Place ‘paid’ stamp on all documents that have been paid.
Financial Management and Analysis
- Audit petty cash payments (disbursement) and enter that in Scala after review.
- Manage the petty cash float by ensuring re-imbursements are made on time and disbursements are accounted for properly.
- Prepare bank reconciliation on time.
- Ensure that where there are errors, adjusting entries are raised to effect corrections.
- In consultation with PM prepare monthly requests for funds required for the office operation.
- Prepare and submit monthly financial reports to the Accountant and Finance Officer
Custody and Filing
- Maintain a list of blank and signed cheques.
- Ensure that all documents are filed properly and on time.
Any other duties that maybe reasonably assigned by the Accountant and Finance Officer
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- At least one years working experience in Finance
- Ability to work with computers and in particular Microsoft Office (excel and word)
- Good communication in Indonesian and English, both spoken and written
- At least three years experience working with international and local
- Non Government Organizations Initiative, working under pressure and good motivation
WORKING CONDITIONS: Travel 10%
TERMS OF OFFER:
CARE is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package, and a collegial working environment. Applicants are invited to send a cover letter illustrating their suitability for the above positions, and detailed curriculum vitae, with names and addresses of three referees (including telephone, fax numbers and email address). Please DO NOT attached academic transcripts and Diplomas and state clearly the applied position code in the email subject.
Please submit your applications before March 29, 2011 to CARE International Indonesia, Human Resources Unit: email@example.com
“Only qualified applicants will be shortlisted”
Tags: Finance Assistant