Lowongan kerja ini meneruskan dari milis DevJobsIndo.
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining excellence in technical and operational project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change.
DAI seeks a Finance Assistant for a 5-year, $19 million USAID funded “Adaptasi Perubahan Iklim dan Ketangguhan (APIK)” Project. The purpose of APIK is to support the Government of Indonesia to strengthen climate and disaster resilience, working in an integrated manner from the national level down to the community level. APIK will help to mainstream climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction into national and subnational governance frameworks, build the capacity of local communities and the private sector to address climate change and weather-related natural hazards, and support the use of information for climate and disaster risk management among key stakeholders.
Summary of Primary Duties
The Finance Assistant is responsible for financial administrative duties to support office operational financial duties. The Finance Assistant will conduct routine financial duties, liaise with internal project team, bank, vendors, and other stakeholders. Assisting Accountant/Office Manager by carrying out financial tasks, maintaining finance files, coordinate with Jakarta and regional staff as required.
- Fund Management. Manage cash funds for all regional offices, processing regional fund request periodically
- Banking transaction. Prepare documents for payment and coordinate with corporate bank in banking related transactions
- Prepare voucher, and review the invoice or payment request for accuracy, allocability, allowability. Ensuring each procurement document is complete and in accordance with Project Manual, ensuring appropriate approval and backup documentation for each voucher
- Tax Calculation on Vendor/Consultant Invoices. Properly calculating tax on each transaction according to relevant Indonesia Tax Law and Government regulations
- Processing and maintaining advances to staff, follow up outstanding advance, and review the advance settlement records and documents
- Petty Cash Management. Maintaining the daily record of petty cash book, payments, and preparing the reconciliation weekly and monthly
- Expenditure Report and Fund Request. Assist in the preparation and submission bi-weekly Field Expenses Report (FER), and assisting in preparing fund request to Home Office periodically
- Bank Reconciliation. Assist in the preparation of monthly bank reconciliation for Jakarta Office, and review bank reconciliation report of Regional Offices
- Enter all transaction into the accounting system; identify the proper account codes and expenditure type for each transaction
- Maintain Finance related Database in TAMIS. Entering and updating finance related information in TAMIS
- Maintain VAT Exemption request. Prepare the documents and coordinate with institutions related to VAT exemption process for vendor invoices
- Development of Activity Budget. Coordinate with Finance Officer to develop activity budget (workshop, trainings, or events)
- Assist Finance Officers. Working closely with Finance Officers regularly to conduct the assigned financial tasks, coordinate with regional staffs on financial matters, advising appropriately on matters requiring their attention
- Document Filing. Maintaining orderly filing system of all financial documents and reports
- Assist Program activity. As required assist program activity on financial disbursement
- Other tasks that are relevant to overall duties of this position
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration and similar degree
- A minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible experience in an accounting related field
- Excellent proficiency with knowledge of Microsoft Office (mainly in excel); familiar with financial software
- Strong organizational skill with a willingness to take initiative and be proactive, possesses problem solving and time management skills
- Demonstrate careful attention to detail
- Demonstrate ability to handle a heavy workload and changing priorities and tasks under strict deadlines
- Excellent communications and personal management skills, ability to relate to people at all levels of an organization with different multi-cultural backgrounds
- Strong interest and ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Fluency in English is required
Base of Operations:
- The Location for this position is in Malang, East Java, Indonesia
- The Finance Assistant will report to Accountant/Office Manager
Interested applicants are invited to send their CV to: APIK_Recruitment@dai.com. Please send application no later than 13 August 2017. Applicants are instructed to write “Finance Assistant – EJ – NAME” as the Subject line of their email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.