SERASI-Finance Assistant Jakarta
SERASI is a USAID funded project which supports Indonesia’s continuing evolution into a peaceful, just and democratic nation with respect for pluralism and protection of human rights for all citizens, accomplished through rapid and flexible programmatic, administrative and logistical support for USAID’s strategic grants and technical assistance program to
mitigate social conflict and support peace building initiatives nationwide. Our program currently includes activities planned for Aceh, Papua, Sulawesi, and the Malukus. SERASI is implemented by the International Relief and Develop (IRD), an international non-profit organization in Indonesia.
SERASI seeks individuals for the position of:
Title : SERASI Finance Assistant
Department : Finance
Supervisor : Finance Officer
Location : Jakarta
General Description of Role:
The Finance Assistant is responsible for supporting the Finance Officer in the Implementing the overall accounting and financial control systems for IRD Serasi Program and for using adequate and appropriate internal controls to meet generally-recognized accounting standards. In addition, the Finance Assistant manages the petty cash and enters the petty cash and other IRD Indonesia transactions into the automated accounting system.
1. Ensure expenses are in accordance with U.S. government regulations (expenses are reasonable, allowable and allocable), IRD policy and guidance. Ensure that all project-related transactions are conducted, processed and recorded as stipulated by the system.
2. Manage cash fund, serve as a cashier by reviewing (for accuracy) and processing petty cash and bank vouchers. Administer blank cheques and prepare cheques for signatory. Pay only appropriately authorized requests for petty cash.
3. Assist in the preparation and submission of the IRD Indonesia monthly expenditure reports, ensuring that they are accurate and complete.
4. Assist with the preparation and submission of the IRD Indonesia fund requests. Ensure the monthly fund requests are accurate and complete.
5. Consult with the Finance Officer regularly about the conduct of the assigned tasks.
6. Maintain a close coordination with IRD SERASI staff on financial matters and advise them, as appropriate, on matters requiring their attention.
7. Assist with the maintenance of the filing system of all financial reports, fund requests and other finance documentation.
8. Consistent with IRD’s efforts to promote equal opportunities in the workplace, make all job-related decisions in accordance with IRD’s anti-discrimination policies.
9. Other accounting, financial and administrative tasks consistent with the overall scope of this position.
Minimum of 3 years experience in an equivalent position. University degree in accounting, finance or similar field is required (relevant experience and another university degree may substitute for degrees mentioned). Experience with Quickbooks or similar accounting software is preferred. Experience working in a similar position in an NGO or an international organization is preferred. Knowledge of OMB Circular A-122 is desired.
- Working knowledge of English, both written and spoken.
- Able to communicate fluently and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues.
- Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a
team. Must also be able to create a supportive working relationship among all project teams.
Must have a willingness to travel to SERASI field offices for business purposes. Must also have the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. In addition, must be flexible, willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours.
If you think you are up to the challenge, write to us email the latest on July 27th , 2010 and include a cover letter, your CV, 3 references, and your salary history/expectations to:
Suite 904, 9th Floor Intiland Building Jl. Jendral Sudirman No 32 Jakarta 10220
Email: opportunity@ <mailto:opportunity%40ird.or.id> ird.or.id
No phone calls please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
IRD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER