Lowongan kerja ini meneruskan dari milis DevJobsIndo.
Vacancy No: UCLG ASPAC/009/IV/2018
Post Title: Finance Assistant
Division: Bureau of the Secretary General
Duty Station: UCLG ASPAC Secretariat in Jakarta
Duration: One-year contract (starting April 2018) and extendable
Date Posted: Thursday, 5th April 2018
Closing Date: Friday, 13th April 2018 (Jakarta Time: 23:59)
UCLG ASPAC is the largest regional section of United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG), an amalgamation of International Union of Local Authorities (IULA), United Towns Organisation (UTO), and World Association of the Major Metropolises (METROPOLIS). UCLG was established on 1 January 2004 and is headquartered in Barcelona, Spain. Following this unification, UCLG ASPAC was established in Taipei on 14 April 2004, as the new entity of IULA ASPAC. UCLG ASPAC’s Secretariat is based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
UCLG is a worldwide association of local governments and the officially recognised voice of local governments by the United Nations. UCLG ASPAC has linkages to more than 7,000 cities and local governments. It represents well over 3.76 billion people – more than half of the world population – and incorporates economically fast developing countries such as China, India, and Indonesia.
UCLG ASPAC is the key knowledge management hub on local government issues in the Asia-Pacific region. It promotes democratic local government, supports cooperation between cities, local governments and their associations, and facilitates programmes, network and partnerships to develop the capacity of local governments and the associations. Moreover, UCLG ASPAC represents local governments politically within the international community, and with the United Nations and its agencies. It also promotes inclusive societies which safeguard equality, social and economic justice, and sustainable development. UCLG ASPAC is engaged in all relevant thematic fields for nurturing sustainable development comprising local economic development, climate change, disaster resiliency, culture, strategic planning, decentralisation, municipal finance, gender equality, women leadership and empowerment and good governance.
Following the expansion of its Secretariat and to support the increased cooperation of cities and local governments, UCLG ASPAC is inviting a professional and dynamic people to fill in the newly opened position, the Finance Assistant. The Finance Assistant will be hired for 1 (one) year period with possibility of extension on good performance basis. She/he will be placed at UCLG ASPAC Secretariat Office in Jakarta, and shall report to the Finance and Accounting Coordinator.
Objective and goal:
To perform cash and bank transactions, verify supporting documentations, and to maintain records according to UCLG ASPAC standards and finance policies.
Scope of Work/Key Duties
Under this Scope of Work, the Finance assistant will carry out the following key activities:
- Controlling and monitoring cash payments from the cashbox, coding and recording cash transactions in the daily cashbook or accounting system.
- Performing daily cash counts and investigating any discrepancies.
- Following-up on cash advances and ensuring they are duly settled.
- Carrying out transfer requests between cash and safe box.
- Checking the validity of invoices, approval signatories, and correctness of account codes.
- Performing currency exchange operations when required.
- Assisting with the preparation of salary payments as required.
- Performing monthly reconciliations before closing the monthly accounts, managing bank reconciliations and monthly bank statements if applicable.
Special Requirements of the Assignment
- Minimum of a Diploma in accounting.
- Minimum a Two (2) years professional working experience in a similar position in an NGO and/or an International Organizations.
- Advanced computer skills, particularly MS Office.
- Honest, trustworthy and demonstrate sound work ethics.
- Demonstrated ability to do budgeting and financial and administrative reporting.
- Ability to quickly establish professional rapport with colleagues and other persons.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines required.
- Experience in working in an international environment, respecting different cultures and nationalities.
- Effective written and communication skills.
- Effective verbal, presentation and listening communication skills.
- Positive work ethic with a willingness to learn and grow.
- Monthly financial progress report.
- Monthly consolidated financial work plan and activities.
- Filing system, but not limited to project assets and expenditures.
The post will be supervised by the Finance and Accounting Coordinator.
How to apply
Please email your CV and Cover Letter with Subject: FA-Your Name to email@example.com, cc: firstname.lastname@example.org before the above mentioned deadline. Only selected candidates will be contacted.