RI is currently recruiting Finance Manager candidates for an anticipated multi-year, USAID-funded Good Governance Program for Indonesia. The program seeks to improve services delivered by local governments in Indonesia. To reach this goal, the program will create and strengthen incentive systems for improved local government service delivery; adopt innovative approaches to service delivery; and replicate improved practices on a larger scale. The main areas for improved service delivery are health, education, and small business support. The Finance Manager will be based in Jakarta with travel to project areas throughout Indonesia.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with the Chief of Party and other key personnel to implement, improve and maintain financial management policies, systems, structures, and procedures for the program.
- Ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the finance office through supervision and management.
- Plan and supervise work of the program-related finance staff including tracking and monitoring of procurements and expenditures, and establishes and maintains an office purchasing, inventory, and requisition system.
- Coordinate compiling of project monthly financial reports for submission to the International Finance Controller and Chief of Party.
- Prepare project budget vs. actual reports on a regular monthly basis.
- Work closely with the Chief of Party to monitor the project budget.
- Assist project officers in ensuring compliance with RI procurements and field accounting polices and procedures, compliance with donor agreement and audit requirements.
- Work closely with project officers over the project implementation planning and cash flow projections.
- Prepare budget revision in close coordination with Program Manager when necessary.
- Make sure that financial records and backup documentation is ready for internal and external audits.
- Works closely with HQ finance team and internal and external auditors.
- Travel within Indonesia to ensure successful performance and implementation of the program.
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- At least ten years experience in financial management; experience on USAID programs highly preferred.
- Background/experien ce in water and sanitation programming, community development, or similar field preferred.
- Highly organized and systems-oriented.
- NGO experience and knowledge of donor guideline requirements (e.g. USAID, UN).
- Ability to live, work, and travel within Indonesia.
- Previous experience in West Africa; demonstrated experience in Indonesia is highly preferred.
- Fluency in English required.
- Excellent diplomatic, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated decision-making, problem-solving, and team-building ability.
- Graduate degree in Accounting, Economics, or Finance.
- Valid Passport.
- Indonesian nationals who meet these qualifications are strongly encouraged to apply.
Closing date: 27 Jan 2010
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia, with travel to other locations in Indonesia
DURATION: 4 Years 7 months
How to applySubmit a resume, cover letter, salary history, 3 professional references (e-mail address and phone number), and a date of availability to hrprogram@ri. org Incomplete applications will not be considered. The email subject line MUST include the following: Finance Manager-Indonesia