Lowongan kerja ini meneruskan dari milis DevJobsIndo.
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation. Founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in more than 30 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global teams of local and international advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
In Indonesia, SNV works together with local partners to provide technical expertise in three sectors: Agriculture, Energy and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH).
To support its operation, SNV Indonesia is currently seeking for a highly qualified national candidate to fill in the position of Finance Manager.
Reporting to the Country Director, the Finance Manager is a member of Country Management Team and to ensure that all financial data and reporting are within the Corporate financial guidelines and directions, donor requirements, accounting and reporting regulations aimed at timely, complete and up to date insight in the (financial) performance of the country and projects. SNV is seeking for a well seasoned level of financial professional, with strong experience in finance and full understanding of the core finance and business processes. The Finance Manager acts as discussion partner on country level for financial matters.
1) Finance Strategy for country:
- Develop, seek approval and implement the Finance strategy for the country, taking into account country interests, relevant regulation, corporate standards and guidelines and donor regulations.
- Contribute to development of the country strategy, management agreement and projects.
- Critique and contribute to development of global financial procedures and guidelines.
2) Management of Country Finance function:
- Organize the Finance function in the country and manage the employees, activities and all aspects within the team, in accordance with the approved plan, budget and relevant procedures, in order to realize the department’s objectives.
- Monitor internal and donor requirements and oversee the development and implementation of updated work methods and procedures.
- Participate in relevant (corporate) projects.
3) Management Information & Advise:
- Develop and provide financial Management Information statements and financial reports and analyses to relevant internal and external parties. Respond to requests regarding financial administration and data, in accordance with corporate procedures.
- Act as source of expertise and business partner for management and Project Managers on issues concerning Financial Management, performance indicators and related legal issues.
- As Financial Lead in, and in collaboration with the country proposal team, develop review and refine budgets within the approved threshold, in line with and compliant with corporate guidelines.
4) Management and donor Reporting:
- Present monthly the financial consolidated reports to Country Management.
- Report regularly on the overall country financial situation.
- Analyze and interpret financial performance, country/project trends, time registration versus planning and financial status of projects.
- In collaboration with Project Manager and Project Administrator, ensure proper financial and administrative closing of projects in line with donor and SNV guidelines.
5) Conduct internal compliance and control assessments, identify and address risk areas, implement measures to minimize the risk of irregularities and coordinate audits, based on corporate compliance and audit procedures and in consultation with Regional Finance Controller, country management team and Project Managers.
6) Financial Planning and Control:
- Lead the development, consolidation, forecasting and periodical review of the country and project budgets and funds.
- Support budget holders in, and ensure compliance with internal- and external procedures and regulations and SNV and donor guidelines regarding the financial administration of country operations and projects.
- Contribute to ongoing efficiency improvement.
7) Execute all necessary financial accounting activities and checks, assuring complete and correct allocation of costs and time, and ensure that internal and external financial reporting complies with the relevant financial standards and regulations, including adherence to tax related requirements and compliance.
Key expected results:
1) Finance Strategy for country
- Clear, consistent and up-to-date Finance strategy and policy for the country
- Inclusion of financial perspective in country strategy
- Inclusion of country perspective in development of global Finance procedures and guidelines
2) Management of Country Finance function
- Efficient and effective finance/admin processes, in line with internal SNV and donor requirements
- Sufficiently qualified and motivated staff
3) Management Information & Advise
- Adequate and effective provision of information to internal and external parties
- Enhanced quality of decision making on financial issues
- Accurate and compliant budgets in all proposal, taking into account full cost recovery
- Complete project administration and governance in place
4) Management and donor Reporting:
- Accurate and timely insights on (financial) performance of the country, enabling strategic decision making by country management
- Effective contribution to accurate and timely financial management of projects and reporting to donors
5) Internal Control
- Effective contribution to risk mitigation
- Increased reliability of financial systems
6) Financial Planning and Control:
- Accurate insight in financial country/project performance
- Consistent compliance of country programs and projects with relevant regulations and guidelines
- Cost efficient and safeguarded procurement processes in the country
7) Financial Accounting & Administration:
Administration and processing of financial data and time registration is completed on time and correct as basis for reporting and decision-making
- Academic qualification- MBA or MSc. or Bachelor degree in Finance or professional Accounting qualification.
- Minimum 7 years of working experience.
- Well-seasoned level of financial professional, with strong experience in Finance and full understanding of the core finance and business processes.
- Proven experience in supporting projects funded by by bilateral donors, multilateral, EU as well as knowledge on results-based financing..
- Ability to maintain good relationships with donors and project team.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Native Indonesian speaker with a excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Good computer skills (Ms. Word, Ms. Excel, Ms. Power Point, Internet and Outlook)
- Good negotiation and coordination skills.
- Self-motivated and organized.
- Ability to work independently and with the team.
- Initiative and creative in solving problems.
- Knowledge/experience in SAP is a plus.