Location – Jakarta
Job title – Finance Officer
Salary – Competitive
The Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) is looking to hire a talented Finance Officer to support the team in their new Jakarta office.
GGGI is an international organization founded in June 2010. GGGI is dedicated to pioneering and diffusing a new model of economic growth, known as “green growth”. This simultaneously targets key aspects of economic performance, such as poverty reduction, job creation, social inclusion and those of environmental sustainability such as mitigation of climate change and security of access to clean water. GGGI’s approach is particularly suited to developing countries because it starts from broad-based progress in living standards and growth.
The Jakarta office is newly established so the position will be varied and dynamic, with the post holder taking responsibility for all general aspects of day-to-day administration for the team. Reporting into the Head of Program Management, the role will involve extensive financial management for a diverse team who frequently travel within Jakarta and Internationally. Responsibilities include:
- Managing financial reporting for donors and internally to GGGI
- Managing team finances including processing receipts and invoices
- Managing project budget reporting to support the country director, senior technical manager and project managers in their roles
- Day-to-day financial support for a team of project managers & directors
- Negotiating with external suppliers on travel and accommodation
- Coordinating meetings locally and internationally
- Any relevant administrative work as indicated by the team
You will be highly organized with a keen eye for detail and the ability to multi-task. Other key capabilities include:
- Higher educational qualification in business administration / business management / finance or a related subject
- Substantial, relevant work experience as a team PA and financial assistant
- Exceptionally organized with excellent prioritization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with multi-cultural teams
- Strong experience Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and data bases, and in particular experience working with budget management software
- Experience of working in an international organization is a benefit although not essential
- Strong oral and written English, and fluency in Indonesian/Bahasa is essential
- Experience / passion in sustainability an asset
This is a contract until 31st March 2015 with the potential to extend based on performance. The successful candidate will have prior experience supporting multiple people, work well under pressure and have a flexible approach to working. This is a great opportunity to be a key part of GGGI’s global team during this formative phase and beyond.
To submit your application please send your CV with a brief cover letter to Xiaoli Tang at firstname.lastname@example.org by 9th May, 2014.