The Finance Officer will be based in Jakarta, Indonesia for a full time 12 month position – potentially renewable on an annual basis, commencing on 01 January 2015.
Search for Common Ground is a non-profit, independent, secular, non-government organisation, dedicated to conflict transformation and peace building with headquarters in Washington DC, USA and Brussels, Belgium. SFCG’s mission is to transform how individuals, organisations and governments deal with conflict – away from adversarial approaches and toward cooperative solutions. SFCG has programs in 35 countries across Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East and the United States. SFCG Indonesia was founded in 2002 and currently focuses on a wide range of issues including transformative youth leadership, inter-faith relations and gender equality. You will be joining a highly motivated and creative staff with an excellent team spirit and there will be opportunities to grow in the role.
- Assist Finance Manager in overall financial management
- Assists in planning, budgeting and monitoring
- Manage and assist Finance Manager during audit
- Assist in asset and data management
- Work closely and support Admin Staff in Admin and Procurement
- Assist Finance Manager on reporting process
- At least diploma degree in accounting, finance or related discipline, preferably with a minimum of two years’ work experience in an international organisation;
- Team spirit and attitude of service, output oriented person;
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation of compliance returns in respect of Personal Income tax, Withholding tax and Value Added Tax;
- Knowledge of development assistance contracts and projects;
- Knowledge of the operation of project offices for donor-funded development assistance projects;
- Demonstrated financial acumen and ability to understand and effectively use financial information;
- Ability to prioritise, plan and organise workflow to tight timeframes, handle multiple tasks, and be flexible with changing priorities;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to interact effectively with national and international personnel;
- High computer skills on MS Office programs;
- Good level of proficiency in spoken and written English skills.
This vacancy is open for Indonesia citizen only. Please send your Curriculum Vitae and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, 15 January 2015. Please include the header “SFCG: Finance Officer” in the email subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.