SurfAid International is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the alleviation of human suffering through community-based health programs. We perform our work in isolated regions connected to us through surfing and are professional, highly energized, innovative and youthful in our outlook. Our main program areas are Community Based Health, Emergency Preparation, Environmental Health (Water and Sanitation) and Malaria prevention.
We are now seeking for a Finance Officer to be based in the head office. The Finance Officer will report to the Finance Manager and will work as an integral part of the finance team. The purpose of the role is to ensure accurate and timely processing, reporting and monitoring of finance transactions, and to implement finance procedures in accordance with SurfAid International’s policies and procedures for accountable and reliable annual report.
The area of responsibility for this role will cover the Indonesia support office and all Indonesia Field Offices.
The key accountabilities for this role are:
- Cash-flow management
- Salary administration
- Tax calculations
The specific tasks to achieve these accountabilities include, but are not limited to, to the following:
- Review Finance Form before and after payment to make sure all transaction following SurfAid Finance and Accounting rules and procedures.
- Proceed payment transaction Responsible for banking administration and relationship
- Cash counting with Finance Manager
- Input transactions to Accounting software.
- Maintain and filling finance documents
- Prepare reconciliation report for balance sheet accounts
- Prepare balance sheet, P&L and job detail report
- Review balance sheet, P&L and job detail report from field and Consolidated to Indo finance report
- Prepare Salary calculation for Head Office staff
- Prepare Salary Statement and send to staffs
- Review Salary calculation from the field
- Calculate Jamsostek premium for all staff and report to Jamsostek
- Responsible for Jamsostek administration
- Prepare tax calculation
- Responsible for Tax Administration
- Monitoring Implementation of Finance procedure on day to day finance activities and report feedback to Finance Manager
- Report Fund received in bank with issue and sign acknowledgment receipt and sends to sender.
- Follow up outstanding cash advance, staff loan, prepayment and liability to vendor/partner.
Minimum – accountancy degree level.
Preferable – 3 years relevant work experience in Finance and Administration.
Effective verbal and written communication, multi-tasking, organizational, prioritization skills are necessary. Demonstrated detail focus, self confidence and an ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members are required.
Experience working and traveling in difficult conditions, and fluency of English and Bahasa Indonesia are important.
Highly developed computer skills with strong familiarity of word processing, spreadsheets, and database software are mandatory.
An understanding of MYOB is an advantage. If you believe you have the right skills, experience and motivation for this role, please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date of the application is September 25, 2010.