Tanoto Foundation (www.tanotofoundation.org) is a not-for-profit foundation which strives to be a center of excellence for facilitating and improving access to quality education and to empowerment opportunities that contribute to poverty reduction. The Foundation currently runs a number of philanthropic programs in Indonesia ranging from scholarship, teachers training, school improvement programs, research support, small business development. In addition, the Foundation also works with its corporate partners to design quality community development and CSR programs.
Tanoto Foundation is currently looking for a Finance Officer.
The Finance Officer is a mid-level position based in the Foundation’s Jakarta headquarters. The position is responsible for payment processing, cashflow management, banking relations, tax administration, and the development, updating and implementation of related SOPs. The position is also responsible for providing financial service and accounting supports to the Foundation’s field operations, and for liaising with auditors. As mid-level officer of Tanoto Foundation, this position provides inputs to Management on financial and accounting matters.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Payment Processing:
- Review payment requests to ensure accuracy of information, proper authorization, proper charging to budget components, compliance with the Foundation’s procedures, and complete documentation.
- Process the payment vouchers to ensure timely payments.
- Maintain efficient filing systems for all payment vouchers and the supporting documentation.
- Cash Management:
- Compile cash flow requests from field offices and arrange timely cash transfers to the field offices. In this connection, also update the Foundation’s cash flow projection;
- Propose investment of temporarily idle funds to the Head of Finance and Administration and to the Head of Tanoto Foundation;
- Initiate cash requests to donors to ensure that the Foundation has sufficient fund to cover operational and project activities.
- Banking relations:
- Prepare necessary documentation and complete the authorization for opening and closing bank account
- Maintain custody of payment instruction forms, checks, and the registers.
- Liaise and communicate with the banks on banking issues related to banking.
- Policies and Procedures
- Assist the Foundation’s Management in ensuring that all financial and accounting policies and procedures are updated and understood by all staff. In this connection, the position also provides training to staff at the headquarters and at the field.
- Provide suggestions and recommendations to improve the Foundation’s finance and accounting policies.
- Conduct inspections to project sites to verify compliance.
- Liaise with internal auditors and external auditors;
- Participate in implementation of audit recommendations.
- Other functions:
- Participate in performance evaluation of peers and supervised staff, if any.
- Any other duties that maybe reasonably assigned by the supervisor, including performance of other staff’s duties within the Finance & Accounting Unit when the respective staff is not in the office or due to the heavy workload in certain area. Conduct inspections to project sites to verify compliance.
- University degree in accounting from reputable university.
- At least 5 years of well-rounded working experience in finance and accounting Previous working experience in development organization or NGO is not a must but is an advantage.
- Moderate level ability to communicate in English, both spoken and in writing.
- Proficient in MS-Office and MS-Outlook applications.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Willing to travel to project sites.
The position is based in Jakarta but from time to time may be required to travel to project sites (up to 20% of the time).
Applications should be sent vie email to: email@example.com with subject “Finance Officer – [name of applicant]”. Deadline for application is 13 March 2011.
The above message is for the intended recipient only and may contain confidential information and/or may be subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message, or any attachment, is strictly prohibited. If it has reached you in error please inform us immediately by reply e-mail or telephone, reversing the charge if necessary. Please delete the message and the reply (if it contains the original message) thereafter.