The Sumba Foundation (www.sumbafoundation.org <http://www.sumbafoundation.org> )
The Sumba Foundation is an international nonprofit organization dedicated to helping the people of Sumba and NTT through: primary health care, education, access to clean water and reducing poverty. The Foundation has its main office in Bali and is based in USA, Australia and Indonesia.
The Sumba Foundation hereby invites applications for the position as Head of Finance and Accounting. Location: Kuta, Bali, Indonesia
- Provide leadership, management and oversight for all fiscal activities, including general accounting, internal auditing, cost accounting, budgetary controls, financial analysis and forecast, budget plans, cash flow monitoring, and monthly reports;
- Train, supervise, and evaluate Accounting Department personnel;
- Knowledge of computerized accounting system (MYOB) and Excel, including on-going analysis of software needs;
- Develop and implement fiscal policies and accountability and control procedures (including the cost accounting system), and analyze and report variances;
- Develop organization’s annual budget and cash flow projections;
- Prepare and monitor status of each program budget for accountability reports to funding sources and enable progress based funds transfers;
- Oversee preparation of monthly financial statements/reports (to include accounts payable reconciliation, accounts receivable reconciliation, cash flow report, and balance sheet audits), annual or other fiscal reports for each program as required by funding agencies, external auditors and Board of Directors;
- Work with auditor(s) in the preparation of annual Audited Financial Statements and tax returns;
- Perform analysis of general ledger and subsidiary ledgers to include: cash disbursements, cash receipts, accounts payable, month-end payroll summary, accounts receivable summary, journal entries for adjustments to the general ledger, and invoices;
- Allocate administrative and indirect costs in accordance with agreed upon allocation plans between Sumba Foundation USA, Sumba Foundation Australia and Nihiwatu resort. Monitor costs incurred between the entities, analyze and make recommendations for changes to allocations and expense rates to minimize Sumba Foundation operating expenses over time.
Requirements: A successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- Master’s degree in accounting or finance preferred, bachelors degree required;
- 5 years of hands-on accounting/financial management and/or audit experience, preferably with a reputable international accounting firm and at least 2 years in a supervisory capacity;
- Ability to manage complex funding sources and issues;
- Strong computer, communication and organizational skills;
- Working knowledge of international accounting and audit requirements and of grant budget preparation;
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends when required;
- Non-profit experience preferred;
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles;
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting system (MYOB) and Excel; Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills; Ability to motivate accounting support staff to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects; Indonesian and English fluency required; Demonstrated ability to interact professionally with staff, Board of directors and funding sources.
- Desire to help the less fortunate people of Indonesia and create a positive change in the world.
Please forward copies of your cover letter, CV, academic transcript and recent photograph to email@example.com <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> before 1st October 2010.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted