Tanoto Foundation (www.tanotofoundation.org) is a not-for-profit foundation which strives to be a center of excellence for facilitating and improving access to quality education and to empowerment opportunities that contribute to poverty reduction. The Foundation currently runs a number of philanthropic programs in Indonesia ranging from scholarship, teachers training, school improvement programs, research support, small business development. In addition, the Foundation also works with its corporate partners to design quality community development and CSR programs.
Tanoto Foundation is currently looking for a Head of Finance and Administration.
The Head of Finance and Administration is a senior-level position based in the Jakarta headquarters. The position is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the financial, accounting, tax, legal, compliance, audit, procurement, office administration and personnel administration functions. The position is also responsible for developing financial
and administration systems and procedures and in enforcing the implementation. As senior officer of Tanoto Foundation, this position provides inputs to Management on strategic matters.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Ensure that financial operations of the Foundation are capable of supporting project implementation while maintaining accountability. This includes cash management, banking, accounts payable and financial analysis.
- Ensure that all transactions are properly accounted for, are in compliance with prevailing tax regulations and are reported in a timely manner.
- Ensure that program budgets and TF budget are prepared accurately, monitored and analyzed.
- Coordinate the interaction with internal auditors and external auditors and ensure implementation of all audit recommendations.
- Ensure that contracts with external parties are properly executed and Tanoto Foundation’s interests are protected.
- Coordinate all administration functions in all offices of the Foundation. This includes office administration, procurement, logistics, and personnel administration.
- Revise or develop systems and standard operating procedures for all support functions within the Tanoto Foundation.
- Develop staff capacity in the areas of financial management, accounting, budget development and management, compliance.
- University degree in accounting or business administration from reputable university. Master’s degree is an advantage.
- At least 10 years of well-rounded working experience in finance, accounting and administration, 5 years of which are in managerial role. Previous working experience in development organization or NGO is not a must but is an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to develop systems and standard operating procedures.
- High level ability to communicate in English, both oral and in writing.
- Proficient in MS-Office and MS-Outlook applications.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Willing to travel to project sites.
The position is based in Jakarta but from time to time may be required to travel to project sites (up to 20% of the time).
Applications should be sent vie email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Head of FA – [name of applicant]”. Deadline for application is 13 March 2011.
The above message is for the intended recipient only and may contain confidential information and/or may be subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message, or any attachment, is strictly prohibited. If it has reached you in error please inform us immediately by reply e-mail or telephone, reversing the charge if necessary. Please delete the message and the reply (if it contains the original message) thereafter.