IFRC Vacancy: Finance Assistant (Operations) – Padang
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies’ mission is to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilizing the power of humanity. It is the world’s largest humanitarian organization and its millions of volunteers are active in over 186 countries.
International Federation Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies Padang, West Sumatera Office – Indonesia Delegation is looking for candidates for the posts of:
Finance Assistant (Operations) – Padang (1 position)
(National Staff Position)
The Finance Assistant – Operations will provide support to the Sr. Finance Officer in overall financial management of West Sumatera Earthquake Operation. Maintain the records of income and expenditures and process the documents as per Federation Standard
Duties applicable to all staff:
- Actively work towards the achievement of the Secretariat’s goals.
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross/Red Crescent principles.
- Perform any other work related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager.
- Respect and observe the Code of Conduct and staff regulations.
Specific duties, responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Prepare and make petty cash payment and bank payments and ensure payments supported by adequate documents.
- Collect working advance reports and ensure that expenses are accurate and in accordance with the policy and procedures of Federation.
- Daily and monthly cash reconciliation to ensure that physical balances are correct and reconciling with the journal.
- Arranging and archiving receipts and invoices to be transfered to Head Quarters.
- Daily data entry of financial transaction and information system.
- Establish and ensure effective working relationships with all other staffs and delegates.
- Any other duties assigned by line manager.
Qualification, Experience & Competencies:
- A Minimum of First Degree in Finance, Accounting and/or Business Administration. Post graduate qualification in management field or its equivalent is an added advantage.
- 3 years professional work experience in a finance or accounting role
- Experience of working for the Red Cross/Red Crescent
- Advanced skills in computers (Windows, spreadsheets, word-processing and accounting packages)
- Fluent in English and Indonesia
- Ability to adapt quickly with varietive working environment
- Possesses good conduct and no involvement in all kinds of political issues
- High Level of Confidentiality.
- Self-motivation to help others and work as a member of a team
- Able to work long hours, and overtime, to accomplish complex tasks
- Ability to prioritize work in under pressure situation
- Team work
- Integrity and high standard of personal conduct
- Initiative and self management
- Good interpersonal and motivational skills
- Results focussed and accountable
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae on 8 June2010 at the latest to:
Human Resources Department
International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies c/o Palang Merah Indonesia (PMI) Daerah Sumatera Barat Jl. Sisingamangaraja No. 34, Padang Sumatera Barat
Please indicate on the subject heading:
Application for Finance Assistant (Operations) – Padang
Only short listed candidates will be notified.