United Nations World Food Programme
World Food Programme, Indonesia invites applications from the eligible candidates for the following position:
Position: National Finance Officer
Contract Type: Service Contract
Duration: Initial 3 months with possibility for extension
Duty Station: Jakarta, Indonesia
Within delegated authority, Finance Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Advise and support the Country Director on financial and administrative matters, and financial status of programme; Provide regular and ad hoc financial information to Country Director to support informed financial decision making;
- Ensure compliance with WFP financial policies, procedures, rules and regulations.Ensure transparent and efficient utilization of WFP’s financial resources
- Participate in preparing the WFP biennium budgets, budget implementation, monitoring and act as Certifying Officer of the regional office or country office;
- Set up proper accounting procedures and systems, internal controls to ensure that proper monitoring mechanisms are in place; Identify weaknesses and address them immediately;
- Perform oversight functions and audit function (pre – audit preparations and follow up on audit recommendations)
- Ensure that disbursements are made based on proper authorisations and supported by legitimate and sufficient documentation;
- Ensure proper maintenance of vendor accounts and timely clearance of outstanding advances and other receivables;
- Manage the consolidation and preparation of Minimum Monthly Closure Report (MMC) and submission to regional office, other corporate financial reports ie Monthly Financial Analysis Report (MFAR) and update of the New Business Model (NBM).
- Coordinate financial closure for entrusted imprest accounts;
- Draft correspondence and internal procedural directives relating to budgetary and financial matters;
- Supervise staff as required;
- Perform other related duties as required
Advanced university degree (masters or equivalent in finance, business administration, accounting, or related field) or university degree with experience and advanced training/courses in one or more of the following disciplines: accounting, public administration, business administration or other related areas; or membership in a recognised professional accountancy body.
At least one year of postgraduate professional experience in finance.
Training and/or experience utilising computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and other standard WFP software packages and systems. General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures governing
administration. Experience in fiancial data/transaction processing software (i.e: SAP) is an advantage
Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Bahasa Indonesia
Experience in conducting audit on UN Agency and/or International NGO
Only candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to apply. Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply. Applications should be sent by E-mail to: Jakarta.Vacancy@wfp.org
All applications should include an updated CV (in English), a photograph and three references and should be received no later than 13 December 2010. Please put the title of the post in the email subject.
“Only short-listed candidates will be contacted”