Finance Manager Wanted for Chemonics ProRep
Chemonics International seeks a skilled, experienced Finance Manager for its ProRep (Program Representasi) project. ProRep, which is implemented under contract to USAID, aims to increase the effectiveness of representative groups and institutions and so bolster democracy and good governance in Indonesia. The 20-person ProRep team is located in an office in Gedung BRI II in central Jakarta.
The Finance Manager is responsible for managing the financial accounting operations of the ProRep project in compliance with USAID regulations and the contract on ProRep signed by USAID and Chemonics. In line withChemonics’ code of ethics the Finance Manager ensures that professional and transparent relationships are maintained with all ProRep staff, project partners, donors, counterparts, vendors, and others with whom he/she interacts, throughout the life of the project.
The Finance Manager:
- Works closely with the ProRep Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party, Office Manager, and Chemonics home office staff on financial management issues.
- Ensures project practices abide by US government and other generally accepted accounting procedures, USAID procedures, and Indonesian law.
- Works with bookkeepers and other project staff to prepare proper financial documentation, and accurately process expenditure for monthly invoicing to USAID.
- Works closely with the ProRep Office Manager and Grants Managers to ensure compliance with all applicable rules and procedures, and provide guidance as needed in the processing of VAT-related requirements.
- Works closely with ProRep technical staff to ensure accurate budget forecasting for wire transfers.
- Assists outside auditors as needed.
Applicants should have at least five years’ experience as a Finance Manager; be proficient in spoken and written English and in the use of MS Office and excel software; be familiar with accounting software; and be able to work efficiently in a demanding environment. Knowledge of USAID policies and procedures is a plus.
This long-term, full-time position is now available. If interested please send a cover letter and resume to ProgramRepresentasi@gmail.com by *Wednesday, February 8, 2012*. Please mention the position in the subject line of your email. Only eligible candidates will be contacted.