The Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. PAKLIM, a Program advising and supporting the national government, local governments and industries with climate change mitigation and adaptation initiatives. PAKLIM seeks qualified Indonesian candidates for IT Professional
The incumbent is responsible for Environment and Climate Change Prgramme (ECCP) in:
- Managing the Information Technology System including managing the databases.
- Overseeing the smooth running of IT Systems, troubleshoots and delivers services related to IT matters, in accordance to IT system as required.
- Overseeing system capacity for existing IT System requirements and plans for future needs.
- Maintaining and develops the IT infrastructure.
- Maintaining the website, HR and procurement applications.
- Re-formatting electronic materials (reports, pictures, multi-media, etc.) for web compatibility.
- Giving analyses and recommendation in technical matters of procurement for the projects, specifically IT.
- Working closely with inventory officer to ensure and manage inventory life-time circle respectively maintains a database with necessary information on every user/workplace/item.
- Developing and maintaining Knowledge Management infrastructure.
Technical Equipment Maintenance
- Assures that every single PC/Notebook is protected by current Anti-Virus software that is regular up dated by the user.
- Assures that there are regular backups by the user’s data/documents at least once a month.
- Assures that every PC/Notebook is protected by a password and every single password used is documented and kept in a safe place.
- Assures that every PC is maintained regularly by the user, in terms of; a) The performance of the PC/Notebook (Scan Disc & Disk Defragmenter, Virus Scans etc.) and, b) Necessary up grades (RAM, Hard Disk etc.).
- Manages the repairs of PCs/Notebooks.
- Be informed about useful software/hardware and recommend useful solutions in any technical problems that occur.
- Maintains the internet connection for ECCTP.
- Gives recommendations and specification of IT equipments.
- Develops and administers the Local Area Network (LAN) system in PAKLIM Office.
- Maintains the ‘shared folders and printer’ as the administrator of the network.
- Handles the user-authorization in the network.
- Handles problems regarding the network and the Counterpart’s Network in relation to PAKLIM matters.
- Gives and collects recommendations to improve the network (in technical terms and in regard of the usage).
- Supervises the development and administration of LAN system in KLH Office, WB2 Office, MoI Office, MoE Office and in Semarang and Malang Offices. (incl. Samarinda Office) and all future counterparts, too.
- Develops/updates a backup strategy in agreement with the IMS Team.
- Regularly backs up all user data, and restoring backed up data on request.
- Backs up and restores data when PCs are exchanged.
- Addresses the problem of computer hackers.
- Consults with suppliers/vendors in order to guarantee the functioning of the network, phone system and computer hardware.
- Monitors the market for quality and value for money, and assuming responsibility for procuring computer equipment.
Webpage & Internet
- Supervises the development of innovative web-based design application & website management for PAKLIM Website.
- Maintains and updates PAKLIM Website regularly as the administrator in cooperation with responsible person assigned for specifics topics.
- Maintains PAKLIM Intranet as the administrator.
- Handles problems regarding PAKLIM website.
- Handles correspondences regarding the webpage.
- Gives and collects recommendations how to improve PAKLIM webpage.
- Maintains cooperation with Counterparts in term of Website Working Group (linked, joint activity news, information exchange, lessons learned, etc).
- Is responsible for Knowledge Management System in PAKLIM.
- Supports for IT-Systems and Monitoring.
- Troubleshoots for IT matters.
Other duties/additional tasks
- Defines the alternative possible tools to share database and information through web base.
- Any other IT & Database task requested accordance with qualification.
- Works closely with the communication officer and PIC in Work Area for data circulation.
- Leadership and Self-Management.
- Focuses on result for the user and responds positively to feedback.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexity
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- College or University degree in Information Technology.
- Minimum of 5 – 7 years of relevant occupational experience.
- Familiar with the following systems below: a) Desktop Windows 7, 8.1, b) Ms. Exchange client, c) Ms. Windows Server 2008, Server 2012 active directory concept, d) Webserver technology: Apache/ IIS, e) Content Management system: Joomla/ Workpress, f) Linux fundamental, g) Network security concept.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Good working knowledge of computer programs.
- Good Management Information System and database skills.
- Language skills (English).
Duty Station: Jakarta
Interested candidate should submit the application letter, CV and list of references (maximum 300 kb) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 10th November 2014. Please indicate your application by putting the following code in the subject line: IT.