Division : Support
Date : A.S.A.P.
BACKGROUND TO THE ROLE
KARINA (Caritas Indonesia) is the humanitarian arm of the Bishops’ Conference of Indonesia based in Central Jakarta and is officially considered as a member of the Caritas Internationalis confederation. Established in mid-2006, it recently completed its first strategic planning in early 2008. One of the results of the strategic planning is the identification of 3 (three) main divisions: Programs Division, Support Division and Total Quality Management Division. KARINA (Caritas Indonesia) acts as a coordinating and facilitating body for all the 37 Dioceses incorporated under the Bishops’ Conference of Indonesia.
DESCRIPTION OF THE DIVISION
The Support Division is comprised of four areas: Finance, Administration and Human Resource Development and Fundraising.
The Junior Finance Assistant will report to the Finance Manager.
The contract will be until 31 January 2011.
The Junior Finance Assistant has the overall responsibility for handling all aspects of financial and accounting process within the organization and also for carrying out on compliance, documentation and system and procedures.
- Collect and examine supporting documents.
- Ensure that documents and signatures are valid.
- Prepare payment vouchers, and receipt vouchers.
- Maintain float, loan and salary advance registers.
- Prepare cheque /payment orders and ensure that they are properly delivered.
- Record all transactions, on manual/computer systems as appropriate.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are valid, adequately supported and processed in accordance with the Financial Policies and Procedures Manual
- Ensures that supporting documents and financial records are well maintained.
- Assists in preparing and analysing financial reports.
- Performs monitoring of grant sub-recipients.
- Assists project-based finance staff or partner finance staff in performing their functions.
- Work closely with Program and Support staff to ensure smooth program implementation.
- Undertakes any other duties that may be assigned by the Finance Manager.
- Deus Caritas Est, especially second part, about organized charity action.
- Based on KARINA and CI guiding values and principles.
- Working in a team, internally with Finance management program and working team from other institution.
- Good planning and good implementation.
- Participatory and communicative.
- Efficient, accurate and supportive.
- No corruption, accountable and responsible.
- Transparent (have to appropriate with what had been spent and had been accepted, also show supportive evidences).
- Write Back to Office Report (to be circulated internally by Communication Officer) after attending meetings/conferences/workshops/trainings/events/site visits to project location with project partners and/or donors.
- Demonstrates commitment to KARINA vision, mission and values.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Contributes effectively to team work and team outcomes.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Ability to plan own work, manage conflicting priorities and work under pressure of tight and conflicting deadlines.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills as well as interpersonal and public relation skills.
- Diploma in Accounting.
- At least 3 years’ accounting and finance experiences, preferably in an NGO or a professional service firm.
- Good knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls.
- Effective organizational skills and ability to establish priorities and plans, ability to work under pressure and cope with deadlines. Good written and spoken communications skills, good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and the patience to deal with the many day to day challenges of a large operational office.
- Good memo composition and editing skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office, particularly in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Thorough knowledge of English language and speak Bahasa fluently.
- Excellent drafting ability and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Experiences in areas related to the work of humanitarian matters will be seen as a distinct advantage.
Applications, CVs and contact details for 3 references should be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com no later than 17 November 2010.