The American Red Crosshelps vulnerable people around the world to prevent, prepare for and respond to d is asters, complex humanitarian emergencies and life-threatening health conditions. It is a member of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies(IFRC) and works with Palang Merah Indonesia.
Following the completion of the Tsunami Recovery Program (TRP) in June 2010, American Red Cross is presently developing an Indonesia Recovery Program (IRP. The IRP Program will be focusing on four main areas: Water & Sanitation, Health, Disaster Management, and Organizational Development.
Therefore, the American Red Cross is currently seeking the Admin & Logistic Officer for the IRP Program to be based in Banda Aceh with 12 months fixed term contract:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for general administrative duties including but not limited to assisting in the receipt and dispatch of internal and external mail, maintaining appropriate archiving of documents, arranging courier services as and when required, photocopying, and faxing.
- Assist in organizing conferences, meetings and seminars, including arranging travel, accommodation and catering for guests.
- Generate reports as the staff travel report, phone voucher report, staff contact list, end of month department report.
- In close coordination with PMI Chapter, ensure there is a sound mechanism for the regular, timely and effective maintenance nonresidential office building and grounds.
- Liaise with program and other operations departments and organizations as necessary, including maintain close coordination with Jakarta office.
- Manage, maintain and general oversight of all office vehicles and oversight of drivers.
- Oversee the purchasing and use of phone vouchers, stationery, cleaning supplies, residential and kitchenware.
- Reception (receipt visitor, answering phone, welcoming staff/guest).
- Maintain general filing related to Admin including back up data for all file in the server and laptop.
- Assist in correspondence with PMI & other partners in the Aceh province and project areas.
- Ensure Aceh office is stocked with necessary office supplies.
- Ensure appropriate and convenient office space arrangement and supervise office boy/girl and maintain his/her schedule
- Up date list new email for new delegate or local staffs and regularly update staff contact list.
- Handle petty cash.
- Type and translate from English into Bahasa and vice versa occasionally as requested.
- In coordination with Jakarta admin & logistic team, handle procurement and logistic process including providing bidding documents, maintain and up date asset list, etc.
- Coordinate with the IT advisor/consultant to ensure adequate IT support and backup of information that meets staff and work needs.
- Provide administrative & logistic update to Program Coordinator on regular basis.
- Provide finance coverage (Review PO Pack, Expense Report, Cash Advance) during Sr. Finance Officer’s absence to ensure that on going support is available to program staff.
- Perform additional assignment as requested
- Undergraduate education in business, administration or other relevant field.
- Minimum 2 years experience in relevant field.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure, in a dynamic operating environment.
- Familiar with windows package, MS office software.
- Excellent communication (Oral and written) skills.
- Good Report Writing and documentation skills
Please submit your application and curriculum vitae in English to email@example.com, placing the job title in the subject line and label your CV with your name (CV max. 200KB size). Only short listed candidates will be notified. Applications submitted Friday, October 09, 2011 after4pm will not be considered.
Qualified women are encouraged to apply